35. Settle

Hardin

I am annoyed….

No, that's an understatement…

I am fucking annoyed beyond, beyond measure… It's to a point where my hands are burning to reach my gloak and start firing my recruiters until the bloodied visuals give me a little peace.

That's gore. I know. But my frustration is about to reach that point..

But I mean who are these people? Who does this kind of unprofessional work? How did my company hire such amateur employees who are shit at work . And how have I never noticed all these stupid twats doing nothing, until this exact minute?

All I wanted from them was to prepare a file with every detail of petrol and it's current market in the Uk. But the file in my hand that I  have wasted ten minutes to read, holds nothing. Neither does it have the current price, nor the fluctuations, nor the possibilities. Nothing… Just who is selling how many gas stations.

What am I supposed to fucking do with that? I mean that's the least important stuff.

If words got out that I wanted to buy companies, they would come running to me. I wouldn't need my employees to find out who's selling what. I need my employees to find out the statistics, so that I can guess what's in store for the future and invest accordingly.

I have a meeting in an hour where I am supposed to decide whether I should sell the fuel I have or buy more gas stations myself. But this file doesn't even hold the basic information of how many gas stations we own right at this point.

"Bloody bellends!!" I mutter, shutting the file with a slap while I rub my face in exhaustion and the unnecessary headache I am starting to grow.

I pick the intercom and quickly connect to Alicia , my assistant who deals with my schedule and plans of Vance Conglomerates only. There is a specific line that has been maintained so that things don't mix up between the Vultures and the VC. Aurther deals with Vultures and assists me there. But Aurther is involved with Vances too. He knows a lot more about VC. While Alicia holds no clue about Vultures.

" Mr. Scott…" She greets me in half a second. Even before I have the chance to calm my rage.

" What the fuck is this shit of a file Miss. Parker ?" I bark out on her, untamed.

"Sir..." she replies several octaves lower than the first time she greeted me. There's no doubt that my temperament is reflected in my voice. And there is no doubt that she knows that the employees are in to get it from me just from the way I greet back

" Send in that twat who made this shit of a file I wasted ten minutes on. In two minutes… " I jump straight to the point. I really do not have the time or intention to deal with her acting or actually being scared of me and trying to gain sympathy. So just with that, I slam back the phone on the receiver. And even that sound vibrates through my head making it hurt in annoyance.

Just one pull wouldn't hurt, would it??

I think for half a second before, I pull the drawer out and grab one of the few sticks of fags lying there. Quickly bringing one to my lips I light it up.

It flames up in orange. I pull in and pull out. The smoke immediately fills the front air of my face, blurring my sight a bit.

Closing my eyes I take a few long drags in to settle myself. Even to rain fire on the employee who will be sauntering in within a few I need to settle myself. I need to figure out what I exactly need in this file before I can get to the conversation with any of them.