6. It's Tessa

Tessa

I was knocked out. Complete power down, straight for a good few hours or more. Not sure how much exactly . Probably and surely because of the drug that I was forced to inhale by that bastard. And more so because of the exhaustion.  I was beat tired and my body was dead on the battery. I was mentally fatigued too, as the result of last  forty-eight hour , with an even more dramatic ending, last night. So that explains the dream less sleep or passed out form on my behalf, Whichever you may choose to tag.

I stirred up when a thin, very thin ray of sunlight hit my eyes like laser, and I squinted them to block it away. The entire ordeal lasted a mere couple of seconds I guess, because the ray of light stopped bothering me, after a moment. I think I heard a few curses from a deep voice, curtain shuffles before the surroundings when comfortably dark again. Through my screwed shut eyes I felt the disappearance of the torturous glare of the sun.

I was relieved. And had no intention to dwell my mind on the voice I heard, or wake up to reality, which I dreaded, so I turned to sleep more, until I had enough courage, but then I groaned.

Every thing hurt. And that broke through my knocked out slumber right there.

As the sleep slipped away from my eyes slowly, I forcefully focused on my body about how it felt. And to my disappointment but not a surprise, everything ached, profusely, thoroughly.

My body ached. My arms ached. My wrists ached. My neck ached. Also it was somewhat stiff. My spine was stiff too.

My head was almost ready to burst, from the internal pounding, which I assumed immidiately, was from the
drug . I tried opening my eyes but it felt heavy. I groaned some more and slowly blinked them open in the mildly dark room.

I almost had a heart attack when the first thing I saw opening my eyes, were a bright green orb staring down at me. Hovering exactly on my face with curious, concerned expression. I felt my eyes going to slits from being heavy, in half a second. My achy hands flying to my chest, when a shriek slips past my lips, followed by a violent coughing fits.

For three years, I woke up every morning or sometimes in the middle of the night, gasping and sweating from nightmares. Night mares, where those same green and gold circumference haunted and taunted me. I was forced to live through that moment on loop every night. Without fail, without interval, without retreat
So, I choked on my own breath when the actual scorner , yet my saviour held me captive with real eyes. With his forever intimidating burning gaze.

He didn't utter a single word when I wheezed like a maniac. I wheezed so hard that I cramped a muscle down my abdomen. He just helped me up, breaking the intense staring match, while standing at the bedside. Even his touch  burned me in both negative and positive way. He patted my back and I allowed him to continue, even through my skin crawled and soothed altogether. Because I was too caught up in my own violent barks. Because I was too shocked, too hurt, too exhausted and too filled with slow shimmering rage.

" You'kay?" He finally mumbles for the first time since I have woken up, stopping me from rehashing the entire morning till now, the electrocution caused by voice is almost immidiate and blaring. I stop finally, coughing, then move my hand to rub a spot near my hip to relax the cramp and nod. The awkward tension descending quickly.

He hands me a glass of water, but not letting it go. Tilting his head up for a flash of a second he directs me to drink the water.

Same, daring authority which I had fallen in love with But now hate since that day at his penthouse . But I, indulge him, without chewing his head off because my throat is dry, everything aches and he saved me from those French snakes.