32. Fit

Tessa

For the first time since..since I don't know how long I don't wake from the alarm, which precisely my routine nightmare has been… Instead this time, my stomach grumbles angrily and ruins my peaceful slumber.

I groan, when I start feeling the surroundings.

It's morning, definitely late in the morning. Even with closed eyes, the brightness surrounding me is evident, making my head heavier. And it's hot.

Which chips of my slumber a little more because it isn't supposed  to be this hot. As far as my still waking brain can process, it is supposed to be cold. It is supposed to be bitter cold. No?

Instead I feel hot. Extremely hot and hungry.

As my sleep gets lighter, I feel I am sweating. I can feel sweat drip slowly from over my forehead, following the path through my temple to my neck. And the sticky feeling washes off my sleep more.

It's that urge to wipe away the sweat that makes me want to raise my hands and run them over my forehead to wipe the wetness off but I feel constricted.

With still closed and exhausted eyes I try again, more so because I want to cover my eyes but the soft fluffy constriction is persistent.

The last thing I remember is, shoving my face into Hardin's chest, but that isn't supposed to be this satiny and fluffy!?

I groan as my brow knit in confusion. I refuse to open my eyes to face the world. There is a lurking need to just not wake up right now.

But my stomach. My hot wet skin and the unknown sheet under my body has other plans. It forces me to open my eyes, even though they complain about the strength of the light. 

Yep definitely late in the morning… 

The first thing I notice after I have blinked a few times and adjusted my eyesight to the brightness is that the ceilings are not something I am used to, it's a new place.. 

Focusing a little I remember sleeping in a hotel room… because…. because…. Casino…  Suite… Hardin…

Fuck!!!! 

In haste  I try to get up from the bed trying to take in my surroundings. But like I said I am constricted. I look down at my body in confusion and a weird squeak emits my mouth. I see myself completely wrapped in a white comforter like a freaking burrito . 

That widens my eyes, stripping off sleep completely off my eyes. 

What the hell is this?

I look to my side.

And no, Hardin is not there, adding to my confusion..

I am alone in this bed and caged in a comforter like somebody has deliberately tried to imprison me in here.

Kicking my hands and legs in every other direction and wriggling my body like a bug I loosen the comforter. I wince once, because my actions causes my hair to get pulled.

Damn it!!

But recovering quickly, I wriggle some more.

Once loose, I kick the comforter away with both my feets making it fall to the other side of the bed.

It takes me exactly half a second to realise that I am completely naked underneath and I gasp in horror. Shuffling like a maniac I pull it back and hurry to cover back up to my chest.

I shift and drag myself back until I am sitting back and my body is resting on the headrest. I exhale from the short heart attack from embarrassment.