37. What He Gives

Tessa

Faster than lightening his face rises up. His hands on my cheeks fall to my shoulder. And the look on his face is priceless. He looks absolutely flabbergasted.

I haven't been dumb. I remember that day his reaction got triggered because he found me with Nathan. I know jealousy makes him loose control.

In a moment of complete loss of sanity I choose to play with fire. And obviously taking that dangerous route to hell I add, " Or maybe I should stick my body to Nathan, and then you show me how rough it can-"

Before I have the time to put punctuation to my sentence one of his hands have made their way into my hair and tangled them into a tight grip while his other hand has grabbed my throat…

" Shhhh… " He murmurs with glowering green eyes…

A whiny gasp manages to leave my parted mouth because of his grip on my neck. Because of his rigid form. Because of his overpowering strength and capacity to shut me up.

He makes me come an inch away from his own mouth… "Do not ever bring his name and your body in one sentence on your lips unless you want me to chop him and feed his body to the Vultures…" He grits angrily. His eyes are almost ready to blow fire. Every word that releases his breath on my face, makes my gut clench.

I desperately try to inhale.. My lashes flutter.  "Only if you…. show me. The consequences, Sir…." I still manage to provoke him…

His gaze burns into mine. I watch him lick his lips and bite on them in rage and lust and dire need.

But then he suddenly and untangles his hands from every part of my body that he was holding, " Get off… "

" What?!" I ask him, confused.

"I said get off of me " He repeats with a neutral expression.

Momentarily I look at his face and try to understand whether I had heard right but then realising that my attempts have failed, I look away feeling humiliated.

With utter shame and defeat I climb back down denying anymore eye contact.

"Strip." I hear a stern order and that immediately earns him my attention.
He casually eases back into the chair.

My heart somersaults when I get it.

He is agreeing..

He is agreeing..

The somersault party lasts two seconds before nervousness travels in. Suddenly my heart is drumming out of my chest in anticipation.

He asked me to strip. Just like that. For him….

But wait, the door?

"Hardin, the door…"

He gives me a dry scoff while lazily unbuttoning the first two buttons of his shirt…"Nobody is gonna enter…. If they do without my permission, they aren't gonna leave alive…" He says pushing his chair back. It makes me more space to strip in front of him. "Now strip…  I do not prefer repeating myself, Theresa."

The throb returns with his order. I gulp before choosing to cease the need to go and lock the door.

Swiping my ponytail to the front I twist my hands back to drag the chain of my dress down. I swipe the dress off my shoulder and then push it down on the floor.

Goosebumps spread on my skin when I step out of the pool of wool at my feet. Just in innerwear I stand in front of him and he just stares.

Twisting my hands I unlock the bra.