42. Stretch

Tessa

I do not know when I passed out in the car last night but the next time I opened my eyes was when the sun was blaring in my face daring me to keep my eyes shut. I was practically forced to open my eyes.

Also, my waking up could be due to the warm solid weight pressed against my back pressing me down into the mattress. Strong bare arms wrapped tightly around my waist giving me comfort and a feeling of unexplainable security even while just waking up.

I smiled at the feeling and a light chuckle slipped past me when I felt how his soft breath tickled me because his face was buried in my neck. His hair grazed my jaws.

I wiggled immediately and turned in his grip to see his face. He was asleep But he groaned just slightly, not waking up.

So I just involuntarily bumped my nose against his gently and rose choosing to not disrupt his peaceful slumber. It was always him waking up late. Me before him. Letting him sleep a little longer than dragging him up.

I found a note when I stepped off the bed. Handwritten by him saying he went to attend his Russian guest and would be back before I woke up...

Well, he was back before I woke up but I didn't know how long he took given the fact that I slept like a log.

I turned back to see him. My hands went automatically to ruffle his hair yet he didn't move. Also when I noticed he was still in his shirt from the last day. Only the trousers were gone, while the boxers remained.

It gave away his exhaustion and late return.

I decided to not bother him and left him in bed to complete his sleep remembering we were supposed to have a hectic day with the supposed mafia party. Meanwhile, I decided to have my fill of regular morning stretches to calm my nerves regarding the party.

Unlike Hardin's penthouse in Seattle, this place doesn't have a balcony attached to his bedroom... Instead, one wall is completely made of thick glass... Which brings in an extensive amount of light in the room, the moment sunrises...It's magnificent given how because of the height of the building it looks like you live in the clouds.... Over that, the room is so big you don't need to have a balcony. You could lounge by the glass and it would feel like you are in the open.

It's beautiful.

Even now. The view is upside down for me, As I am arched back, my hands and feet on the floor, my stomach facing the ceiling, and my head hanging down. I breathe in and out, performing the chakrasana.

Yet the surprisingly clear London sky looks ethereal from here. The city below looks so far from this heaven. The rush the chaos failing to reach me.

It's calm. Everything around is surprisingly calm. Even though there are things that need to be cleared after yesterday. Even though there are pending conversations at the back of my mind. Even though there is a scary party that needs to get attended too. This moment of me stretching in a particularly calm morning, with him sleeping in the same room is relaxing and peaceful.

With the thoughts of the impending day ahead managing to flash through my mind every other moment, I close my eyes and focus on my spine to straighten back.

The moment I stand back straight with my hands still up in the air is exactly when I find a warm half-open green eyes on me. And my heart skips a beat.

Our eyes meet from a distance. Me, by the window, almost forgetting the next move. Him, just woken up, given his drowsy stare from under his curtain lashes.

But he surprisingly doesn't move or rise from still having half his face shoved in the pillow. Just his eyes remain locked on mine with half-closed lids.