30. Drools ( Part 2)

Tessa

" You know there is nothing to be nervous about right?" Hardin assures me while personally helping me take off my coat. Aurther standing beside , waiting for Hardin to hand it to him, patiently. So that he can carefully place it away.

I look at Hardin's knowing eyes. He sees right through my facade of trying to act cool. But I am not. I am freaking out infact . I have never been to an event like this. Dressed like this. As a date for someone. My stomach is practically swinging.

And Holy fuck this place is posh. This isn't some random local club or restaurant. This is magnificent.

Also the fact that Hardin just enlightened me that the entryway we took wasn't even the original front one. The original one looks better he said and perhaps right now is packed with paps. I did notice a few of them en route here but Hardin said it was nothing compared to the front.

I imagine the way my face dropped at that piece of information. He assured me they weren't allowed inside but that doesn't mean that the stature of this event isn't scaring me.

" I am not nervous..." I try and lie a little to not look like a fool.

He exhales with an eye roll at my stubborn denial.

" Okhay... Good... Because you shouldn't be. It's no different from a normal Party." He says. His hands fixes the ruffles over my arms. It's amusing because he is looking at me while aimlessly playing and I guess he isn't even realising that himself, that he is doing so.

" Except everything looks expensive beyond belief..." I state as a matter of fact.

" Um yeah.. It's Chris's best Casino so..." He shrugs.

I know Hardin is trying to assure me but The Christian Vance, owner of nineteen hotels and pubs having an event at his best place with the media waiting to gate crash....

Ok, that is not so good of a feeling for my stomach, because it plummets some more at that thought.

" Tess..." I look up-realising I am blankly staring at his chest-on hearing my name softly... " Don't look so scared. Everyone is human around here... " He smiles in a tiny attempt to humour.

I chew down my lip trying to believe him...

I mean I know and these aren't some Vampires but still the entire situation feels so dramatically scary right now...

My knees feel wobbly, I look down at my feet, second guessing my decision to wear a four inch to just not look so mini beside him. Now I would rather look short than fall.

I blow a little air out, " I am not... scared... Just don't let me trip over.. "

He squints his face then chuckles.... " Not a chance, love..." He promises pushing a loose curl away from my shoulder again.

I am momentarily distracted ny his fingers brushing against skin raising goosebumps but he cuts the feeling short. Turning around and grabbing my hands in a tight grip, which isn't uncomfortable he guides me in...

" And for the first time I guess you need something to drink... " He mumbles still chuckling while walking ahead.

Rounding the corner, we are greeted by two women and two men by a door...

Like a flip switch the air changes the moment we come into their vision. And it's Viceversa.

Hardin straightens pulling me closer and placing his free hand on my waist. Contrary to his gentle touch on me, his stance is formal. I feel Aurther follow us behind.