Chapter 14- part 3

(Y/n)'s POV

While Zane is looking around, he stands in guard, ready to fight something larger than him. I too look around for that loud stomping, but then it stops. It was silent for only a second until a loud beeping interrupts the silence. Zane roughly pushes me onto the snow. He never pushed me, which is a shocking thing.

I look at Zane only to see him leaning back, dodging yellow laser beams. Not even one touched him. He quickly turns his shuriken of ice to a motor vehicle and pulls me to his lap and drives to dodging every laser beam that tries to hit him. He stops right next to the falcon and throws me right next to it.

"Hide with the falcon!" He says in a rush and drives off nearly getting hit, then another yellow beam shot nearly hitting my head, leaving me in shock. Momo yells in my head.

{HIDE!}

Worry laced in Momo's voice. I quickly grab the robotic Falcon and rush behind a tree, hiding from the large robot. Not even glancing at the fight, I can only imagine in my head Zane is winning when in reality I don't even know who is winning. "Ninja, go!" Zane screams from the distance. There were a few blasts before I hear a metal clink. Music begins to play out through the forest snow.

I figure it must be the one Zane is fighting. I turn to look at them and see a mechanic robot dancing for a moment and then falls onto the snow. Zane happens to be on the robots back. I huffed in relief, walking out of my hiding spot with the Falcon in hand, Zane looks up to me. "Look out, behind you!" Zane warns me. I quickly turn my head around. Behind me is a much larger robot with a larger hands and longer arms.

The robot lifts its long arms and brings them down to me. Quickly, I pushed myself away from the large hand and did a backflip and did another backflip. Shocking right? Wanna know something? I didn't intend to do them. The first and second flip was shocking to me, though on the second flip it gave me so much confidence that I wanted to do a third backflip, however, my confidence went to waste. Instead of landing on my feet, I landed on my bum.

My bum didn't hurt thanks to the snow, but it was cold.

{Move!}

Momo screams. I jumped to the left, dodging the hand again, and ran to Zane. He too was running to me. He throws one of his golden shurikens to the robot behind me. When we reached each other, Zane puts me behind him, protecting me from the robot. The robot is now in front of us. It lifts its hand, ready to struck us out, but Zane throws his shuriken, hiting it first and damage it's weak spot. The robot didn't make any move and falls on its back. Zane went to retrieve his golden shuriken and stays there looking at something. He left me curious at what he is looking at. "The same symbol." He mumbles to himself. He walks towards me and softly pats my head.

"Forgive me for pushing and throwing you. I never intend to hurt you." When I look up at Zane's eyes, I can see guilt and sadness in those crystal blue eyes. I crouch and set the Falcon down right next to me. I stayed in that crouched position to write on the snow with my first finger.

[All you were doing is protecting me. Is there something wrong with protecting someone?]

Zane reads. "No, there is nothing wrong saving someone from danger, but still. You wouldn't have gotten hurt from me." Zane adds. I wrote on the snow again, making my finger cold.

[I'm not hurt.]

Zane sighs in relief. "Ok. I'll try not to do that again." he concludes.

{I regret saying yes. I had MY freaking chance to say 'No'.}

Momo huff's from annoyance. Zane grabs my hand while the other holds the Falcon. He leads us to a weird tree while questioning the Falcon. "Where have you brought me, my falcon friend?" As we get close to an odd tree, it had a door blend like the other trees with an obvious large silvery circle on it.