Chapter 5-Part 2

(Y/n) Pov~

I went to go see Jay leaving to see his parents, however, it seems that he's struggling to get his dragon out. "Come on, Whisp. It'll be a quick visit." Jay told his dragon, but Whisp didn't want to get out. She seems... tired? "Just in and out. Nothing more." Grandpa Wu walks up to Jay caring a huge thing. "Hm, it is as I suspected. The dragons are molting. They're shedding their scales." Grandpa said to Jay. Jay didn't seem to understand him.

"What does that mean?" Jay asks confusingly. "Every Dragon goes through a transformation before it becomes an adult. We must allow them to migrate East to Spirit Coast for their transformation." Grandpa Wu explains to Jay. "Will we see them again?" Jay questions

"It is hard to say." Grampa Wu said, not knowing the answer. "But we need to allow them to follow their path." Grampa Wu said. "Rocky's going east!" Cole enters the conversation. The ninjas went to their dragon and Nya went to Kai's dragon with him. "Well, I guess I got to go on this long walk all by myself." Jay complains. "Sure be nice to have company~." Jay hoped that Nya will come with him, but, "Of course we'll go, buddy." Kai beams.

"I could use a break." Cole joins in. "All you had to do was ask." Zane chips in. Jay sigh in a disappointing way for not getting what he wanted.

{Sucks to be him.}

As time flys, the dragons flew to East, leaving us walking out in the desert. Grandpa Wu is playing a flute while we are walking in the desert. "Ah. Of all the days to lose our ride..." Jay said sadly. Zane catches up to grampa Wu. "That flute, you've never told us why it's so special." My attention was in the conversation about the flute that I have seen and heard, but not the details. Grampa Wu stop playing the flute. "Long ago, there were many flutes, created to combat the powers of the Serpentine and drive them underground."

Grampa Wu told. I remember my mom playing a flute once.

{Reminds me of someone.}

Momo comment.

'Reminds me of my mom. She tried her best.'

{Let me guess, she... didn't do well?}

Humming yes to him.

'But she tried her best."

I added. Continuing listening to the conversation about the flute. I turn to Grandpa, one thing that didn't go unnoticed and wasn't really a bother was Kai is looking at me strangely. "But over time, Ninjago's forgotten its ancestor's wisdom, and now this is the only one." Grampa plays the flute again, doing it directly to Jay's face. Jay walks up ahead. "I get the lesson, respect your elder, or else suffer the consequences. Boy, you guys are laying it in thick."

Grampa chuckles at Jay. "Perhaps you are only hearing what you need to hear." Grampa told. Jay hults all of a sudden, looking around the surrounding area. Nya walked up to him. "What is it?" She asked with a concerning tone. "It's quiet." Jay said, getting suspicious. Something must have happened to them or maybe there inside the house playing games or drinking tea. "My family is never quiet."

I'm hoping they're making cookies. The ninjas put on their hoodies and they, Nya, grampa, and I ran into the junkyard. We hear muffles in a big refrigerator blocked by a metal bar. Jay ran and kicks the metal bar away. Inside of it is aunt Edna and uncle Ed tied up with a chain wrapped around them and duct tape on their mouth.

"What happened? Who did this?" Jay asks worriedly. He rips the tape off of his mom. "Sssweetheart, you came." Aunt Edna hissed happily. I heard something fall. Not thinking about the danger I'm getting myself into, I followed the sound. I didn't realize I was far away from the ninjas, Nya, and grampa Wu. "Ssshhh, be quiet." Someone hissed.