Chapter 28 part 1

3rd person POV

After many centuries of sleeping, it has finally been awaken. The Great Devourer burst out of the floor of the Lost City of Ourbourose. (Y/n) watches the snake slither its way up to the sky with disgust and fear, and when the head of The Great Devourer looks down at Wu and Pythor with hunger, hissing at the two, it opens it mouth and devour them whole. Her heart sanke witnessing before her eyes, another of her loved one, gone from her grasp. She was in a state of shock, she couldn't cry or move her body.

'Is he... really gone?'

(Y/n) is in disbelief, not realizing that Kai had grabbed her and ran away with the others. Tears were begging to form in her eye sockets.

'No, he's not gone... No way... Grandpa is like a magician...'

{(Y/n)...}

Momo wanted to say something but he didn't know what to say. He knew the girl is in a state of denial, though she dealt with it before, but could she really handle another loss at a young age, the one who saved her from the dangers of nature, the one who knows her family? He doesn't know what to do but to give her comforting words, yet will it be enough to bring back her happy self? He only wishes to be there for her as much as he can in her little mind. Kai burst into the control room with (Y/n) safely in his arms.

He looks at her colossal eyes with his remorseful ones. He sets her down in her two little legs and quickly left her to help and escape from the giant snake. (Y/n) doesn't realize she is in the flying ship because I she could am see is the scene of her Grandpa and Pythor being devoured by a giant snack like a broken record."We're going as fast as we can." (Y/n) came back to her senses from Nya screaming at everyone in distress.  "I'll try to make it to scatter canyon."

"Probability of us making it that far is less than 8 percent," Zane explained the bad news, it made Nya furious and stressed. "Never tell me the odds!" (Y/n) turns her head at Cole who warned Nya. "It's coming in for another attack... Port side." Nya took a sharp left and it made (Y/n) lose her balance for a moment. "We're losing speed. We'll drop to the ground soon." Lloyd warns Nya. (Y/n) can sense Nya's distress, but there was something Nya was struggling with. "Throw everything overboard." Everyone was shocked to hear those words. "We need to lose some weight!" Nya explains. "Port side." Lloyd screams.

(Y/n)'s Pov

A loud crunch came from the side of the ship. The Ninjas ran outside while I followed behind them. They were already throwing large and small items out of board. Kai had grandpa's teapot and teacup in hand. A flash of memory of that teapot came to my eyes.

Flashback~

I wasn't so sure how long I've stayed with Grandpa from starving in the streets and being left alone with the cold. Grandpa is sitting at the kitchen drinking his hot tea by himself with candle lit on the middle of the table, right next to the tea pot. It was dark and late outside and I should have been fast asleep, but I couldn't go to sleep from the fear of being left alone. "Is there something wrong, (Y/n)?" Grandpa turns his head to see me in an uneasy state. I moved my body side to side, unsure what to say to him.

My lips open and closes, but no words comes out. "Would you like to come and join me drinking this fine tea with me?" Grandpa notices my struggles at speaking, though decides to welcome me in a gentle tone. I hesitate to sit right beside him. My bottom sat on the comfy pillow and I waited there. Grandpa grabs another green cup right beside his teapot and set it in front of me, he then picks up the teapot and pours in the liquid halfway in the cup. "The tea is super duper hot, so be careful." He pushes a small bowl filled with cubes of some sort.

I looked at him with uneasyness. "Would you like some sugar?" I answered his questions by sipping the tea without any sugar. The hot liquid touched my upper lip and burns it. I removed the cup from my lips and put my hand on my lips. "Mmmm," I whine in pain. "Did I not say it's super duper hot." Once my lip no longer felt the pain of the hot tea, I grab a cup of tea that is still in my hand and blow it a few times until I assume is warm.

Once again, I brought the teacup to my lips but this time I didn't pull away from the hot liquid. The tea touched my tongue. A new taste, a new flavor I never tasted before. A Cringed look morph on my face, showing that I don't like it. "Would you like to try it with some sugar?" I decline by pushing his cup away.

"Instead of tea, I can give you apple juice." I nod to him in agreement. Grandpa left me alone with the teacup in hand. The room was quiet without him speaking to me. He came back with a carton of Apple juice and a cup in hand.

Before he says down, he gently set the cup in front of me and pours the apple juice in. "Enjoy," he says. I reached for the cup and brought it to my lips. The juice was sweeter/less sweet than the one from my home. I smiled and took another sip and soon enough I finished it. "I guess they might had good timing harvesting the apples." He chuckles to himself and told me a story about a friend of his bragging about the quality of the apple and the good timing.

I wanted more of the apple juice so I looked at him and pointed the apple juice. He smiles and pours more of the juice into the cup. I took a sip at it, then an idea came to my mind. I got up to look at Grandpa's cup. His tea was half way of the cup so I grab the tea pot and tried to pour some in his cup while making sure I don't touch the bottom of the teapot. Some of the liquid went into his cup and when I looked at it, the tea was close at the top, I smiled and felt proud of myself.

Setting down the pot, I sit down on my pillow and look at my cup and his cup. An idea popped into my head I've always wanted to try this thing I once saw. Grabbing my cup of Apple juice again, I gently collide my cup with his;

*clink*

Then took a sip of my juice. Grandpa chuckles at my action and sips his tea.

Flashback end~

My hands grab onto the pot, stopping Kai Kai look into my eyes. "Let go, we're in a life-or-death situation." I pull the pot with every bit of strength. "(Y/n)," his tone sound like it was a warning, but I choose not to listen. There are many memories I've made with Grandpa and this pot reminds me a whole lot of Grandpa, I can't lose it! "(Y/n)!" Kai pulls the teapot in hopes that I let go, but I held on to the teapot for dear life, that is until he placed his hand on my chest and shoved me onto the floor.

"Oof," I grunted. I sat up, looking at Kai with teary eyes, but he was already at the edge throwing grandpa tea pot and cup. "Don't throw anything else overboard!"

Too late...

*" We made it to Scatter Canyon! Hold on!"*

Nya tells everyone the news.
____________________
Words: 1333
Publish: 12/31/2023
Edit:
____________________
Sorry for the wait, this episode is a lot more difficult for me to write. I'm Still trying my best. Not only that but the next chapter is a lot more difficult 😣. Well I'll see you guys later, hopefully soon. Have a good New Years Eve.