Chapter 1

Julia's P.O.V

School has always been my favourite place to be, but at the same time, I hate being here.

The fact that I would be surrounded by lousy teenagers, rude basketball players, smokers, alcoholics, bullies... I could go on, but there's no need.

I walk past Britney Looks. The famous cheerleader that every guy wants to date, and that every girl wants to be friends with.

"Excuse me? What are you?" she asked me whilst applying another layer of lipstick.

Is she talking to me?

"Hello, I'm talking you? Didn't you hear me?" she asked rudely.

"I heard you loud and clear." I answered, turning around to face her. "But I chose to ignore you." I said with a smirk placed on my face. "I'm not a thing. I'm a human being, just like you."

"You and I are nothing alike." she scoffed, shutting her locker. "I don't wear... that in public." she said, referring to my turtleneck and jeans. "I'm classy. I wear tank tops with mini skirts." she boasted. "We're not alike!"

"If we're not alike, then that means you're the animal here because I don't have paws." I said with confidence and walked to my class.

"What the hell?!" she scoffed. "You don't get to talk to me like that! You don't know me!"

I ignore her, because I refuse to be her pushover.

I'm not the famous cheerleader with lots of friends. I'm the total opposite. I only have one friend, Leah Remini. We've been best friends since... forever.

I'm glad with the one friend that I have, whereas Britney has so many friends, well minions. And, she doesn't even know half of them.

I walk inside my chemistry class, and take a seat in the front row. I was the first to arrive. I put in my ear pods and browse through me playlist and play one of my favourite songs.

The night we met by Lord Huron

Did I mention that music is also my best friend?

I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met

I take out my chemistry books and sing along.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you
Oh, take me back to the night we met

Mr Rogers walks in with some of the students. I take out my ear pods and put them away. I open my books and everyone takes their seats, and the seat next to mine, was the only seat that wasn't taken.

Everyone avoided that chair like it was some kind of disease.

Oh wait, no. They were avoiding me. I forgot that I don't exist because I don't reach their standards.

But I'm cool with it. I enjoy my own company anyway.

**

"There she is!" I heard Britney yell. "She called me an animal this morning!" she yelled again, referring to me.

Everyone stops with whatever they were busy with and look at me. I avoid the stares and walk towards my locker to put away my books.

"Who did you call an animal this morning?" she asked, walking towards me, with her minions following behind.

I ignored her, again.

"I'm talking to you." she said, shutting my locker rudely.

"And I'm avoiding you." I retorted.

"Do you know who I am?" she asked, folding her hands.

"The famous and glorious Britney Looks." I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly. I'm Britney Looks with the looks. You don't get to disrespect me and get away with it." she uttered. "I can end you in seconds if I want to." she clicked her fingers.

"Good to know." I said and walked past her and the crowd that had started to form around us.

I'm not used to getting this much attention.

I remember how Britney used to bully me during freshman year. But, not this year, because I will stand up for myself.

This is her last year, and next year she'll be in college. I don't really care about what she does with her life, because she's not my friend.

I don't despise Britney for who she is, I just don't like the way she treats people.

But, I admire her. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and sometimes... sometimes I just wish that I was like her. Beautiful, nice body... But that will never happen.

I've been here in Wellington High School for the past 3 years, and this is my 4th year and still, no one has noticed me. But it's okay. I notice myself.

**

I stand in the cafeteria line to get my lunch. Three boys walk in and jump to the front of the line to get their trays before us. I notice that they are the so-called players of Wellington High School. The boys that everyone worships.

After getting their food, they sit in the center table with a loudspeaker placed on their table. Britney walks in with a brunette on her right side. She walks towards the center table and takes a seat next to Aaron (one of the three boys).

I walk to the elderly lady behind the counters and ask her for a burrito. She gives me a sandwich with an apple and juice box instead.

"Sorry, we've ran out of burritos." she said, and I give her a slight grin in response.

I turn around and notice that all of the tables were occupied. Most of them have open chairs, but I don't bother sitting at any of them because I know that most of the people in here would say 'no'... well, all of them.

To save myself from the humiliation, I walk out of the cafeteria to the benches. I sit down and place in my ear pods and press play.

When the night was full of terrors
And your eyes were filled with tears
When you had not touched me yet
Oh, take me back to the night we met

I take a bite out of my sandwich and feel the cool breeze hit my face.

Winter is coming.

"Aww, the same girl who called me an animal earlier sits alone during lunch time? How sad." Britney mocked, standing in front of me with the two boys and her friend.

~~~

Hey guys, hope that the first chapter wasn't that bad.

Please don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter, and leave a comment as well.

Please go check out my other book, Choosing Between Two Hearts!

Hope that you will enjoy this book.

If you have any questions or suggestions for this book, you can DM me on Instagram. My account is: _ni.cole.xx