Chapter 18

Julia's P.O.V

"Why aren't you dancing?"

___

"Because I don't feel like dancing." I told him.

"You sure? Or is it because you can't dance?" he asked, taking a sip from my juice and putting it back on my table.

"I'm not going to drink that anymore." I said with a frown.

"It's not like I have some sort of disease." he chuckled.

"Do you know that the human mouth contains alot of bacteria?" I said.

"Blah, blah, blah. Enough with History. Just take your juice and stop talking." he said, putting the glass in my hand.

History? What does this have anything to do with History?

"You can have it, I'll go grab another glass." I said, shifting the glass towards him.

"Nope. I didn't come here to sit and have juice all night long." he smiled whilst standing up. "Nerd, let's go and dance." he said with his hand extended towards me.

"Aaron, I don't dance." I said with a sarcastic grin, lowering his hand.

"I will teach you." he said lifting his hand again.

"Thanks but no thanks." I lowered his hand again.

"You leave me no choice." he said. He walks towards me, picks me up and takes me to the center of the field.

"Aaron, put me down." I whisper yelled.

He does as I say and thereafter pulls me closer to his body. He puts my right hand on his left shoulder and holds the other one. His other hand is lightly placed on my waist.

His face is so close to mine. I can't even breathe properly because his mint breath is so strong.

He slowly starts moving my waist left and right.

"Listen to the music and move with the beat." he whispered.

Moving my waist is not a problem, but my feet are the biggest problem.

"When I step forward, you go backwards. And vice versa."

I try to do as he says but I keep on stepping on his shiny shoes. He lightly picks me up and puts me on his feet. He moves to the tune of the music without me disturbing him by step on his nice shoes.

"See, you're not that bad." he said with a smile.

"You do realize that I'm not really doing anything?" I chuckled.

"But it feels like you're doing something, right?" he chuckled back.

"I guess so."

"That's all that matters." he smiled. "Are you a happy person?" he asked after a long pause.

"Why?" I asked in confusion.

"No, tell me. Are you happy?" he asked again.

"If I said yes, I would be lying to you and to myself." I said with a slight grin. "Life is hard when you only have one friend and when both your parents don't love you." I said with a deep sigh.

"Make that two." he uttered. I look at him in confusion instead of answering him. "I mean you now have two friends instead of one." he smiled. "Me being the second one before you ask." he added, and I chuckled back in response.

"My grandmother was my everything. Without her, there's no happiness." I uttered after a long pause.

"Maybe there is happiness out there. You just have to search for it." he said with an amiable grin.

We continue with the dancing whilst talking here and there. The campers join us and we start dancing to one of Doja Cat's songs.

An hour later I decide to walk towards the river and talk to Leah on the phone, just to give her an update on what has been going on here.

After hanging up, Aaron walks over to me with his hands in his pockets.

"Why are you here by yourself?" he asked me.

"I was just making a quick phone call." I said to him. "What are you doing here?"

"To make sure that nobody pushes you inside the water." he chuckled and I laugh back in response.

"Not going to happen." I smiled.

"We never know."

"Thank you for taking me to the beach the other day." I said to him to end the awkward silence between us.

"I told you to stop thanking me."

"I can't, because unlike you, I have manners." I said with a grin.

"In that case, it's a pleasure." he smiled, taking a bow.

He slowly starts walking towards me. He doesn't utter any word. His eyes are locked into mine. He doesn't blink, his eyes don't wander.

I take a few steps backwards, unsure of what he will do when he gets close to me. I take a halt as I come closer to the shoreline of the river. He doesn't stop, he doesn't say anything, and he is still not blinking.

He is now an inch away from me. He puts his cold hand on my warm cheek. He plays with my hair using his finger. I nervously swallow. He moves his hand gently to my neck, and cups it into his hand.

I nervously look down. This feeling inside of me is unusual, I can't describe it. Butterflies. I feel butterflies erupting in my stomach.

"Look at me." he whispered, slightly lifting my head with his index finger.

"Uhm, Aaron ma-" I said, but he cut me off by putting his finger on my lips.

"Shh, don't say anything." he whispered. "You don't deserve to feel the pain that your parents bring you. You deserve to be happy and to be loved."

"What are you talking about Aaron?"

"Jessica, you-" he said, but I cut him off by correcting him, "it's Julia."

"Julia, you are beautiful, and believe me when I say that. You are kind, generous, loving." he whispered slowly.

"Thank you." I said, not knowing what to say.

"I love you nerd." he said and he thereafter pulls me into a gentle kiss.

~~~

Firstly, I would like to apologise for writing a very short chapter. I didn't want to continue with it or else it would have a veryyy boring ending, hehe.

Anyhoo, hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

<3