Chapter 31

Aaron's P.O.V

"Hey B." I said to her whilst she was sitting with her friends in the gym.

"What do you want? Are you here to insult me again? Hmm." she asked, folding her arms.

"No, I just want to talk." I said to her truthfully.

"Go talk to your girlfriend, your new lover. I'm not interested." she rolled her eyes.

"Give us a moment." I said to her friends and they all left. "I didn't mean any of the sh*t that I said to you." I uttered, sitting next to her. "You know that I care about you, and I'd never do anything to lose you B. I yelled at you because I wanted her to believe that I truly care about her. It's all part of my plan." I told her.

"Whatever Aaron." she mumbled.

"Come on Britney, don't be that way." I pleaded with her, putting my arm around her shoulders.

"I forgive you. Just hurry up with whatever you're planning because I hate seeing her around our table." she said.

"Thank you." I smiled and thereafter kissed her cheek. "Let me get going." I said to her whilst standing up. "And, try not to be a that mean to her." I told her referring to the nerd.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." she rolled her eyes playfully.

"I'll see you at Jonathan's party."

"Where are you going? School is not out yet." she asked me.

"I know, I just have a few things that I need to sort out before heading to the party." I told her and then leave the gym.

I head back to the cafeteria to let Chad know that he should cover for me in the classes that we have together.

I drive out of the school's yard and to my house to get some money.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?"  mom asked me on my way out.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for a court case that's happening in an hour?" I asked her instead of replying.

"I've already bathed, I just need to get dressed." she replied.

"I have a few things to buy for tonight." I replied to a question she asked a moment ago.

"I'm sorry that you're stuck in the middle of this whole divorce proceedings. Hopefully it will soon be over." she said.

"It's fine, really." I replied, not really knowing what to say. "Just not joining you guys today." I told her.

"Why?"

"I have to attend a party." I told her.

"Okay, and how's school going? I know we never really give you the attention that you need because we're just so focused on the divorce."

"You know mom; school is fine, everything is fine. How about we have this conversation later, I need to get going." I said to her.

"Sure." she replied, and I can see a bit of sadness in her eyes.

"Love you." I told her.