Chapter 38

Julia's P.O.V

"You go to Kevin's house after school." Sandra told me on my way down the stairs.

"Why?" I asked in confusion.

"I'm going out, and I'm only coming back tomorrow morning or afternoon."

"I can stay here by myself." I said in a 'duh' tone, heading into the kitchen for a glass of juice and a banana.

"I don't want you in my house alone, so you're going to Kevin's."

"But I don't want to go there."

"Well, guess what, sweetie..." she smiled at me sarcastically. "I DON'T CARE! You are going there, and my decision is final." she said, and went back to watching her phone screen.

I hate being at both places, but if someone asked me where I'd rather be, I'd say at Sandra's. Being here means that I won't have to deal with anyone because she's always out, drunk or high and doesn't really care about me. And when I'm at Kevin's, I have to worry about Brookes and her evil mother.

I gulp down the glass of juice, grab my car keys that were on the kitchen counter and head to the garage to take out the car.

I drive out of the yard, eating the banana on my way to school. I park in the last lane and head to my locker.

"Morning." Chad greeted warmly, resting his arm against the locker that's next to mine.

"Hey." I returned the warm smile, followed by a side hug. "How are you?" I asked whilst letting go.

"Good."

"Since you're the first to give my girl a hug, I guess I'll just greet her with a kiss then." Aaron smirked whilst walking towards us. "Hey beautiful." he said, placing a light kiss on my temple, resting his arm around my neck and closing my locker with his other hand.

"Hi Aaron." I smiled.

"You know, you really have to find a cute nickname for me. I want people to know about us, to believe that you and I are a thing." he said. "So, call me baby or honey, or maybe sexy hunk." he added.

"Sexy hunk?" I chuckled, which caused Chad to chuckle as well.

"I mean I am sexy, and I am a hunk." he said in a 'duh' tone.

I never really thought about it that way; having to come up with a nickname for my boyfriend. Can't I just call him Aaron? Why complicate things?

"Don't mean to burst your bubble, sexy hunk, but I like Aaron better than all your nicknames." I said to him with a slight grin, feeling slightly embarrassed about what I just said.

"Well, in case you were wondering; you did burst my bubble." he said, pulling his bottom lip out.

"I'm sorry." I said, lightly tapping his bottom lip with my finger and he opens his mouth to take it in between his teeth. He then tickles it with his tongue.

"Disgusting." Chad said with a frown. "I'm not going to stand here and watch you two flirt in front of me, so CCFN." he smiled and thereafter walked away.

"C-C-F-N?" I asked in confusion.

"Ciao ciao for now." he smiled.

"Oh, oh." I said with a nod.

"Anyways, listen." he said, pulling me away from the lockers. "I was thinking that you and I should spend more time together, since we're a thing." he suggested.

"I thought I was spending time with you?" I asked in confusion whilst walking with him in the direction of the classes.

"Yeah, yeah you are. But I'm talking about outside of school."

"Oh, I hear you. Okay then." I smiled.

"Good, so I'll be taking you out. And, I want you to meet my parents once the divorce is finalized." he smiled.

"Divorce?" I asked reluctantly.

"Yeah, they are getting divorced. They just fell out of love, I guess." he said nonchalantly.

"Uhm, sorry to hear about that." I uttered.

"It's fine." he said and I replied with a slight grin.

"Just make sure that you call or text before you show up at my house." I said.

"Why? You're my girlfriend, even if I see you in your pyjamas, it won't matter." he smiled.

"Just call." I said, letting out a light chuckle. "Aren't you supposed to be going to class?" I asked, considering the fact that he's been walking with me to my math class.

"Can't I walk my girlfriend to her class?" he asked. "I'll go to class after I dropped you off." he smiled.

"That's unnecessary, but thank you." I said reluctantly and he thereafter removes his arm from my shoulders since we have arrived at my class. "Okay. Uhm, I'll see you later." I said, slowly stepping away from him.

"Leaving without giving me a kiss?" he asked before I could enter the classroom.

I walk back towards him, stand on my toes and place a light kiss on his cheek.

So warm.

I stand back on my feet and walk away from him, but he gently grabs my elbow and pulls me back to him. Once our faces are a few inches apart he crashes his warm lips against mine, drawing small circles on my elbow with his thumb.

"I expected you to do that." he smirked after pulling away from me. I smile back in return and walk into the classroom.

I walk towards my seat and find Leah sitting at her usual spot.

If there's one thing that I forgot, is that I share a class with her and she sits right next to me.

I push the thought to the back of my mind and take my seat without uttering a word to her or sending her a smile.

I take out my books and we start with the lesson.

It's gonna be a long period...

~~~

Hey guys.

I just wanted to thank you for being so supportive during the last year. I really appreciate it, and I hope that you guys enjoy this new year, and I also hope that it brings you lots and lots of great opportunity.

I love and appreciate y'all so much <3