Chapter 2

Julia's P.O.V

"Aww, the same girl who called me an animal earlier sits alone during lunch time. How sad." Britney mocked, standing in front of me with the two boys and her friend.

___

"What do you want?" I asked her, taking out my ear pods.

"We want you to apologise to her." one of the guys answered.

"And you are?" I asked him.

"You really don't know us? You don't know me?" he scoffed, and they all laughed.

I stand up and walk past them instead of answering them. The same guy who wanted me to apologise to Britney holds my arm and roughly pulls me back.

"I'm Chadwick Russell, and nobody messes with me. You are going to apologise to Britney right now!" he whisper-yelled.

"Or else what?" I retorted.

"F*ck!" he yelled, tightening his grip around my arm. "I hate being disrespected." he said, giving me a stern look.

I want to do as he says because I'm getting a bit scared, but I won't. Just as I said, I refuse to be bullied by anyone this year.

"Let her go Chad." Aaron said, removing his hand from my arm.  "Someone's coming." he said to him.

"We're not done with you." Britney threatened.

"Well, guess what? I'm done here." I said to her and thereafter walked to the cafeteria to place my tray.  

They have always been friends before I even got here. They've been bullies since... I don't know.

Today, I decided to stand up for myself, and to be quite honest, it feels good.

**

I walk into my mother's small living room and plop onto the worn out couch.

"Julia, is that you?!" she yelled from her room.

"Yeah." I answered.

"I told you to go to your father's house! I don't want you here!" she answered in an annoyed tone.

"And I told you that I don't want to go there!" I replied.

My mother and I never had the mother and daughter relationship. We fight everyday, and I'm used to it. She says I'm a burden, and she regrets sleeping with my father.

I'm used to her telling me how much she hates me. It's obviously painful to hear your own mother telling you how much she hates you, but I'm numb to the pain.

"Get out of my house! I f*cken hate you!" she yelled.

"Fine!" I said and walked upstairs to pack my bags.

I open my phone and send my father a message.

Me: I'm coming. Sandra doesn't want me.