Chapter 45

Julia's P.O.V

I head to the bathroom to go and take a shower and I find Brookes standing by the washbasin, brushing her teeth.

"Morning." I greeted her.

"Aren't you the one that told me to learn how to knock before I enter a room?" she asked rudely.

"It's not my fault that you decided to wake up late. You know very well that I use the bathroom at this time." I told her truthfully.

"Still, learn how to knock."

"If you're only brushing your teeth now, you're definitely late for school." I told her.

"I'm late for my school, but I'm not late for your school." she said, moving away from the basin.

"What?" I asked out of confusion, moving towards the basin.

"I heard there's a basketball game happening today, so my friends and I are going to Wellington High." she replied whilst packing her belongings.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Uhm, to look at the handsome guys that will be playing." she replied in a 'duh' tone.

"O-kay." was all I could utter.

She leaves the bathroom and I brush my teeth and thereafter stepped into the shower.

I walk to my bedroom to wear the outfit that Britney and I bought yesterday; which is an army green, denim skirt which lies on my mid thighs, a black tank top and my white Converse. I finish off the outfit with a silver pendant, the bracelet that Aaron gave me and a single layer of lipgloss.

I examine myself in front of the huge mirror, and I still can't believe that I'm wearing a tank top. I used to think that I have the ugliest body, but now that I am showing off more skin, I'm starting to like how my body looks in these skimpy clothes.

If someone told me to wear these clothes a few months ago, I would've definitely cursed them. But now, I feel confident and happy wearing them, and I really don't feel the need to hide the fine, white lines that are visible at the back of my knees. I'm embracing every flaw in me.

I remove the curlers out of my hair and  brush the tips of my hair, and thereafter spray it. I shove my cellphone, gloss, tissues and hand cream into my side bag. I walk towards Brookes room to spray myself with her perfume and walk downstairs to have breakfast with her and Kevin.

"Someone smells just like me today." she said, looking at me through the corner of my eye.

"And that's me." I replied. "Morning Kevin." I greeted him after taking a seat next to Brookes.

"Seems like you've found yourself a new friend that keeps on telling you to wear skirts to school because this is the second time you're wearing one." he said instead of greeting back.

"I just love how I look in them, that's it." I said, taking a slice of bread and spreading butter on it.

"She's turning into a slut." Brookes said.

"Then I guess you're a slut, because I'm wearing the kind of clothes that you wear on a daily basis." I retorted.

"F*ck you." she said.