Chapter 40

Julia's P.O.V

"So controlling." I uttered, referring to Maria. I head to my room to do my homework and after two hours of being stuck in this desk, I receive a text from Aaron.

___

Aaron: Have you eaten dinner yet?

Me: No, why?

Aaron: Where are you? At your mom's or dad's?

Me: I'm at Kevin's house.

Aaron: Cool. Get ready, I'm picking you up in 30 min.

What? No ways, he can't be serious!

I dial his number just to make sure whether he's serious or not.

"You can't be serious." I uttered after he answered.

"About?" he asked.

"You picking me up in 30 minutes for dinner." I said in a 'duh' tone.

"I am. I'm getting ready, you should too." he replied and I can already visualize his smirk on that perfect face of his. "You told me to call or text before taking you out, and that's exactly what I did."

"Well, I'm sorry, but you can't." I said.

"Why?"

"Kevin locked me inside the house because his wife thinks that I might walk out of this house with her belongings." I said, air quoting "her" as if he can see me.

"That's really unnecessary, and it's absurd."

"Yep." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Can't you get out using one of the windows?" he asked.

"What? No." I chuckled at the thought of it.

I've never, NEVER snuck out of the house.

"Think about it. And I promise to bring you back before 8:30 pm."

"What if they'll be back by then?" I asked, thinking about the possibilities.

"Then you'll sneak right back in." he suggested.

"Fine. Just know, I'm not going to wear anything fancy. I'm wearing my plain, usual clothes." I told him considering the fact that I can't really change into anything.

"Fine by me. As long as I see my girlfriend before going to bed." he said, and again, I can visualize his smirk.

I hang up the phone, and wear the jeans that I wore to school over my leggings and wear my sneakers as well. I brush my hair and plait it.

I take my phone, shove it into my back pocket and head downstairs to walk out through the sliding door that's in the dining room. I open the gate and get into Aaron's car.

"You look really nice with plaited hair." he said after placing a kiss on my lips.

"Thanks." I smiled.