Chapter 13

Julia's P.O.V

"Get ready quickly, we have to get going." Aaron said.

"Huh?" I asked in confusion.

"You're going to do me my first favour. You owe me." he reminded me.

"Fine, but where are you taking me?" I asked, brushing my hair.

"Don't worry." he smiled. "Be in the reception in 5." he said, making his way out of the cabin.

Mxm.

I finish doing my hair and walk to the reception.

I walk past Tamia and Kylie, and I see them exchanging looks.

I ignore.

I walk over to Aaron and he greets me with a grin.

"Let's go." he said, walking over to the door that leads us outside camp.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, following him.

"Somewhere."

"Aaron, please. Unlike you, I need this money. So I can't be leaving my responsibilities or else I'll get fired. Please." I pleaded with him, stopping.

"Don't worry about the campers and your duties as counsellor. Someone is taking care of that." he said. "Now let's go." he continued pulling me by my hand.

Where is he taking me?

He opens the passenger door for me and I close it.

"Oh, I forgot. You can open the door yourself." he mimicked what I said a few days ago when he asked me to go out with him for smoothies.

Instead of fighting with him, I let out a deep sigh and get into the Jeep.

"You know, I never let girls inside my car. So you should be happy that you're in the golden boy's car." he smirked.

Am I? Am I happy that I'm driving with him in his car?

"Such things don't fascinate me." I said with no emotion, nor any facial expression.

"Why are you so sour?"

"Where are you taking me?" I asked instead of answering him.

"Just sit back and enjoy the ride." he smirked again.

We drive for about 10 minutes. I stick my nose outside the window and let the cool breeze hit my face.

Salt. The smell of salt water is near my nose. The sound of the waves waltz through my ears.

The beach. We're somewhere near the beach.

I close my eyes to enjoy this moment. I lay back and rest my head on the seat.

I love water. Salty water to be specific. The beach. It makes me happy, makes me feel alive.

"You're not on one of your father's expensive couches. Open your eyes." he interrupted me in my happy moment.

He just had to mention Kevin, out of all people.