Chapter 44

Aaron's P.O.V

"Honestly bro, I'm starting to get worried. What are you planning on doing with Julia?" Chad asked.

"You've been asking me the same question over and over again, and I told you that you'll find out soon." I replied with a deep sigh.

"Can't you just choose someone else? Let her go."

"No." I said, looking at him in confusion.

"Just... Don't hurt her."

"Why does it seem like you've gone all soft now?" I asked him.

"I'm not soft. I'm starting to like her, and I now care for her the same way I care for B."

"Don't catch feelings." I chuckled.

"I never catch feelings." he chuckled back. "But I'm serious dude, don't break her." he added after a few moments of silence.

"Okay, enough about the nerd. Can we just continue practicing... in silence?" I asked, throwing the ball at him.

"If you say so." he let out a sigh after catching the ball with both hands. "One question, why her? I mean there are a lot of people at our school who are just like her. Why not them?" he asked whilst shooting a few hoops.

"She was an easy target." I replied nonchalantly.

"Easy target." he repeated after me. "Mhm... Is she going to be left heartbroken?" he asked again.

"Shut the f*ck up dude. And besides, you said one question."

"I'm just curious, okay."

"No, you're just nosy and pestering." I replied in annoyance.

"Since when?" he laughed.

"Since now. You want me to stay away from your sister, and I did that. And now, you want me to stay away from her, but unfortunately I won't do that. You're starting to act like my grandma." I said truthfully.

"Okay, fine. I'll stop talking about Julia. Happy?"

"Happy." I said with a slight grin.

We continue practicing whilst talking about what is going to happen tomorrow.

***

Julia's P.O.V

Leah: Are you going to tomorrow's game?

The message appeared on my screen after I switched my phone on.

Me: I don't get how that is any of your business.

Leah: Come on Jules, I'm just checking.

Me: Last time I checked, my name is Julia. And to answer your question, yes.

I replied after a few minutes. I'm starting to think that I'm being way to petty about this matter, but I'm not about to say this to her.

Leah: With who?

Me: My friends.

Leah: Can we PLEASE just talk about all of this? :'(

I stared at the message for a while, and instead of answering, I decide to ignore her. I toss my phone on the bed,  and continue to get my things ready for tomorrow.

*Phone rings

I look at the caller ID and realize that it's Leah, so I decide not to answer it. It's weird how I haven't heard the sound of my best friend's voice for over two weeks now – I mean my ex-best friend. I walk towards the bathroom, with my toiletry in my hand to take a quick shower. I leave the bathroom once I'm done getting dressed and walk back to my room to sleep.

"Food is getting cold. So hurry the f"ck up because I'm starving." Brookes said after barging into my room.

"Please learn how to knock before entering someone else's bedroom." I told her.

"Whatever, just hurry up."

"I'm not hungry." I replied and she bangs the door and heads back downstairs. I turn off the lights and get into bed. I grab my phone and send Aaron a goodnight text.

Honestly speaking, being in a relationship is not as hard as I thought it was. All you have to do is be a very good friend to your boyfriend (I think).

***

Aaron's P.O.V

"Who's that?" May asked me after receiving a text from Julia.

"Julia." I replied.

"Your girlfriend?" she asked me whilst letting go of my torso.

"Yeah."

"Why are you even dating her? It's so obvious that you don't like her, and you're even cheating on her." she asked, sounding jealous.

"I don't get how that is any of your business." I replied truthfully.

"I'm just saying."

"Don't." I said and thereafter opened her text message.

Me: Love you.

I put the phone back on my nightstand and turn around to face her.

"Where were we?" I smirked.

"I'm going home." she said whilst picking her clothes and thereafter shoved them on.

"Why?" I asked in confusion.

"I'm tired." she replied.

"Uhm, okay. I'll drive you home." I said whilst wearing my jeans.

"No, my boyfriend will pick me up at the stop. I already called him, and he's on his way. So, bye." she said and thereafter walked out of the room.

Weird.

I cleaned up the mess that was in the room and jumped into bed.

~~~

Hey y'all, sorry for this very boring chapter :'(

I honestly didn't know what to write about. Besides, I wanted this book to have 45 chapters, and unfortunately, this one had to be boring because there was really nothing interesting to write about, hehe.

But anyhoo, I hope that you guys are just as excited as I am for the last chapter! Don't forget to vote.