Chapter 33

Julia's P.O.V

"So, tell me. Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked after sitting in the opposite chair of mine.

___

"Yeah, you're looking at him." Aaron replied for me, pulling me towards his muscular body.

"Good girl and bad boy?" Chad asked with a smile.

"You two?" Jonathan asked with a smile as well.

"Yes." Aaron and I replied simultaneously.

"So, Aaron, you're telling me that you jumped all these bad girls and you went for the girl who drinks fruit juice at a party? And since when do you date?" Jonathan asked.

"I'm attracted to her. I'm also shocked that I am dating." he said, chuckling at the last bit and thereafter looked at me with a smile.

"Yeah, she sure is attractive. But, it's still hard to believe that you two are dating." he said and thereafter gulped his bottle of beer.

"Same, but I'm happy for the both of you." Chad said, fist bumping Aaron and me. I thank him with an amiable grin.

"Anyways, it's good but it's also unbelievable to know that you two are... a thing. I'm just gonna go and enjoy my party." he said and thereafter waltzed to the dance floor.

"I'm also going to join them." Chad said.

"O-kay. Why is it that they don't want to believe that we are in a relationship?" I asked him.

"That is because this is the first time I go for girls like you, nerds. All the girls that I've been hanging out with are either baddies or meanies. And, because this is my first time being in a relationship." he said.

"Then why did you go for me, because I'm not a baddie nor am I a meanie?" I asked him, seeming a bit confused.

"It's time for a change." he smiled whilst stroking my hair. "And because you make me feel things that I've never felt before. Whenever I'm with you, I never want to leave. I want to stay by your side forever." he added which makes me blush a little.

"You're lying." I chuckled. "I'm a bit stubborn and I use nerd terms, which annoys you."

"It annoys me, but I like it because we're talking about you." he chuckled back.

"Do you really think I'm attractive?" I asked.

"Jonathan is the most honest and straight forward person that I know, and if he says you're attractive, then you really are attractive. So, to answer your question, yes, you are attractive." he replied with a grin. "Why are you asking me?"

"Because no one has ever told me that I'm attractive. Not even my own parents." I smiled sheepishly.

"You don't need anyone to tell you that, you just have to look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you are the most beautiful girl." he smiled.

He always has a way of cheering me up, and that's one of the traits that I love about him.

I smile back in response.

"Enough talking, let's go dance." he said whilst standing up.

"I told you, I can't dance."

"I taught you how to, remember? At Summer Camp." he said.

"I know, but what they are doing is not the same as what we were doing." I said, referring to the people on the dance floor.

"In this case, you don't really need to worry about your legs. You just have to sway your hips and move your hands in whatever way that makes you feel comfortable and happy." he smiled. "So, let's get going." he said, gently pulling me to the dance floor. "Feel the beat." he whispered, placing his hands on my hips and slowly starts moving them.

"Why have you never dated?" I finally decided to ask.

"I felt as if you get trapped in some form of spiderweb. I was also never ready for the responsibility of keeping my hands and eyes to myself and to the person that I would be dating. And I was also scared of commitment." he said whilst keeping his hands comfortably around my waist.

"And, what changed your mind?" I asked out of curiosity.

"You." he said with a broad grin.

"Me?"

"Yes, you. Like I said, I never want to leave your side. So, I thought I should date you that way, I will be close to you." I said and I look at him in confusion because of the way he phrased it. "And because I love you." he smiled, and I return the warm smile.

"I hear you."

"I can't believe I just admitted that I was scared of commitment." he chuckled nervously.

Aaron, nervous?

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about." I chuckled. "I mean, everyone of us is scared of something." I smile.

"What are you scared of?" he asked.

"I don't know." I tell him nervously.

"Come on. Tell me." he pleaded with a smile.

"Alot of things." I smiled sheepishly. "I'm scared to be loved." I say nervously, feeling a lump forming in my throat.

No, I'm not about to cry over this. I've had this conversation with myself multiple times, so why do I feel sad and vulnerable when I have it with someone else.

"You okay?" he asked me.

"Yeah." I lied, swallowing the lump.

"Why are you scared to be loved?"

"They say that love starts at home, so, the fact that there is no love for me at home makes me feel scared. Sometimes it's really hard for me to believe it when someone tells me that they love me because I don't really know what love is." I half smiled sheepishly. "I'm scared because I don't know if love really exists."

"It does exist because I love you." he said with a smile and thereafter crashes his warm lips against mine.

~~~

Sorry for such a short chapter.