Chapter 39

Julia's P.O.V

The period was not as long as I thought it would be. I take my books and walk past Leah, leaving her to pack her books.

"Jules, please wait." she said before I could exit the room.

I turn around and look at her.

"Don't ever call me Jules, because my friends are the only people that are allowed to call me that; and last time I checked, you're no longer my friend." I uttered with no facial expression.

"We both know that you miss me." she said, walking towards me. "We're still friends, can we just talk this through."

"Talk about what, huh?"

"About what happened. One thing led to another, we both said things that we didn't mean. So can we please just resolve this? Please Jule-, Julia." she pleaded.

"I love Aaron, and he loves me. The only way you and I can be friends again, is if you respect my boyfriend and accept the fact that we are together. It's up to you." I said nonchalantly.

"Yes, you love Aaron and he's your boyfriend. I'm not disputing that, but-" she said, but I cut her off.

"But what? What?!"

"I just don't trust him. I don't really think he has the best interest." she whispered but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"That's your problem Leah, you think way too much." I uttered hastily.

I can't believe I just said that.

"I don't care whether you trust him or not, because I do and that's all that matters." I said and thereafter left the classroom.

I walk to my locker and head to my next class. The rest of the day goes by quick and I drive to Sandra's house to fetch my belongings. I walk to the front door to try and open it, but it's locked. I look underneath the rock to see if she left it there, but the only thing that I find is a piece of paper that's written F*CK OFF!!!!!

Great! She locked the door, with my bags inside and Lord knows where she is. Instead of leaving the key, she leaves a note, a STUPID note!

I just hate this woman, because sometimes she can just get so inconsiderate.

I dial her number and it goes straight to voicemail. Oh wow, just when I thought that it couldn't get worse.

I walk back to my car and drive to Kevin's house.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" he asked me after I entered the house.

"I'm spending the week here." I replied nonetheless.

"What, why?"

"Your wife-" I said, but he cut me off.

"I didn't get married to that mad woman, so don't you dare call her my wife."

"Sandra said that she'd be out, and she left with both keys." I said.

"Then why didn't you tell me that you're coming over?" he asked.

"You never read my texts, nor do you answer my calls." I reminded him in a 'duh' tone. He doesn't reply and I head to my room. I open my closet and realize that the clothes that I have here aren't enough for me to use for the entire week.

I make a mental note to remind myself that I need I go to Sandra's house tomorrow morning before going to school to fetch some clothes. I'm not about to go to school in leggings.

I change into my black leggings, a white vest and wear a dusty pink pinafore over the clothes. I head to the living room to watch some TV before doing my homework, and I see Brookes sitting in there.

"You've got to be kidding me!" she uttered after she saw me. "What the f*ck are you doing here?" she asked.

"I don't answer to you."

"You don't have to because I already know the answer. You're just so sick of that small hut, so you're here to enjoy this luxurious life that doesn't even suit you, if I may add." she smirked. Instead of replying, I just roll my eyes and take a seat. "And what the f*ck are you wearing?" she asked.

"I'm wearing my clothes." I replied in a 'duh' tone, changing the channel.

"Duh. You're the only one that wears sh*t in this house." she said, looking at me in disgust.

"Are you done sweetheart?" Maria asked, walking down the stairs with Kevin. "And you? What are you doing here?" she asked me. When I don't answer her, she turns to her husband and he answers on my behalf.

"Well, I'm ready." Brookes said whilst standing. She's wearing black jeans, a navy blue tank top with a black leather jacket and boots.

"I don't know what's going to happen, but she is definitely not coming with us." she uttered, hooking her arm around Kevin's.

"I never said I wanted to come along." I mumbled, hoping that it wasn't too loud.

"And you're not staying here by yourself." she added.

"What are you suggesting then? Are you going to kick me out as well?" I asked her.

"Yeah." she mumbled. "You'll stay outside until we come back."

"You can't be serious. Come on Kevin, you can't let her do this. It's cold outside." I said, looking at Kevin, hoping that he'll allow me to stay in.

"It's not my problem, I just don't trust you. You could walk out of her with my expensive things and sell them somewhere." she said and Brookes agrees with her.

"What the- That's absurd! You have cameras out there, why would I do that?"

"We don't know. Maybe your crazy mother sent you here to steal." Brookes said.

"I've been coming here for years and I've never stolen anything. Come on Kevin, you know that." I said, looking at him in the eyes.

"Fine, you can stay." he said. Maria and Brookes give him a sharp look. "But, we're locking you inside, just to make sure that you don't make it out of here with any of my belongings." he added.

"Fine." I said.

"Before she ruins my mood, can we just get going?" Maria asked them and they all head outside, locking the door on their way out.

"So controlling." I uttered, referring to Maria. I head to my room to do my homework and after two hours of being stuck in this desk, I receive a text from Aaron.

~~~