73

Eva

I opened my eyes hesitantly due to the light that was peeking in through the curtains, it felt soothing, So I laid there and took a moment to recollect my thoughts.

Then slowly I glanced around the room.

I don't see Carlos.

I sat up, and soon realized that my body was still really sore. 

I got out of bed and wandered downstairs; I was still sleepy. I noticed one of the guards standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Did Carlos leave already?" I asked.

He stared back confused,

"Um, Never mind."

I yawned and returned to get ready for the office,

I grabbed one of Carlos's shirts and tried it on with a pair of jeans.

I had run out of clothes to wear at this point, the shirt smelled like him so it's perfect.

I went out of the building and got a ride to the office.

I ran into Luis as soon as I got in,

"You're alive?!"

"Yeah, sorry to disappoint y'all."

He laughs and walks over to me,

"You really scared me there!" 

"Yeah, I got way over my head with that one." We both laughed, "But, hey, I survived."

"Welcome to our crazy world, I guess." He thumped my arm playfully, and we went around together.

Luis was the closest thing I've had to a brother, I don't even relate this way with my own brother, who by the way hasn't bothered to find out if I was still alive, I hate him sometimes.

"Has the boss decided if you're going to stay?" Luis cut in.

"I guess you can say that. By the way, who was it that snitched me to Carlos?"" I eyed Luis.

"It wasn't me." He said sharply, "Besides Carlos has eyes everywhere, anyone could have told him."

"He was really upset."

"You two are awfully close?" A voice interrupted behind, we both stopped and turned to notice Miles walking behind us, "What are you whispering about?"

"I-I.."

"A phone?" I cut off Luis, "Preferably, my old phone, remember the one you took and never gave back."

He snickers and brushed past us,

I soon remembered the ridiculous promise I made last night,

"Miles, wait!"