Chapter 31

Eva

I heard a sudden knock and I shuddered and jolted up to my feet, "I'm almost done." I yelled back, and quickly pulled on the dress.

The door swung open, halfway through buckling the dress,

"Eva, Are you okay?" A familiar voice called from the door and I turned to see Aurora standing there, watching me with concern.

"Yes." I stuttered, with a smile.

She stares at me closely,

"Have you been crying?" She questions,

"No, what." I scoffed dryly,

"There are tears in your eyes, did something happen?"

"It's this new product I'm trying on, it messes with my eyes, it's nothing...I will go wash it up." I excused myself and walked into the bathroom to flash some water on my face, before stepping out again.

"Is Carlos hurting you?" Aurora blurted out, holding out the cream Antonio had left on the floor, "Is that what this is for?"

"No, why would you even ask me that?"

She moved a little closer, "You know you can talk to me about anything?"

"I'm fine."

God! I wish, I could yell out my pain to someone, but that would mean putting Nate in danger. She stares at me for a moment as if not buying the story, but she doesn't push it further, "Is there a problem?" I asked.

"No, just that the guys and I are about to see a movie and I thought you might like to join, but it's okay if you're not in the mood."

"I would love to." I cut in and she forms a small smile,

"Great." She lets out, "So, I would meet You downstairs?" She said gesturing towards the door.

"Yeah, just give me a minute. I would be right down with you." I mumbled and she nodded, leaving me alone.

As she left, I let out a deep breath wish I wasn't even aware I was holding. Stalking over to the dressing table, I sat down and applied a little makeup, I can't give anything away.

Once I was done, I practiced how to smile and remain calm before grabbing my phone and making it out of the door.

I spurred out in the hallway and into the theater to see everyone already settled in, "Eva." Aurora called in a whisper, gesturing me over.

I walked to her and took a seat, but felt my heart skip a beat, when I noticed Antonio sitting comfortably behind us with Sonia.

"You okay?" Aurora asked and I nodded.

"What's the name of the movie?" I tried to get comfortable.

"Dynasty."

"Oh."

"Just oh? This is the greatest movie in history." she hushed.