53

Eva

Aurora came in, bewildered to see Nate hanging on a rope and me tied to a chair, choking in my own tears.

"What's going on?" She asked,

"Aurora, do you recognize this?" Luis showed her the phone and she stared perplexedly at it,

"I don't know what that is?"

"Is this not your sweater?" He asked again.

"No...yes, I mean, it's mine..." She finally answered, "But I lent it to Eva, I haven't seen it in a while. Why, what's the sweater got to do with anything?" She looked disoriented, "And, Why's Eva and her brother tied to a rope like animals? Miles!" She went to him for answers. Carlos just sat there in silence peering, as if indecisive on what to do with me.

"Please..." I whispered, pleading with him.

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" Aurora yelled for answers, everyone seemed to have gone quiet all of a sudden, "Carlos, how could you let this happen to Eva? What odd love you have for her?" She scolded Carlos.

Miles groaned and starts explaining it to her, "The phone is a hacking software and it was found in the sweater you lent Eva." He told her and she gasped, "Which only means this English woman and her brother have been spying on us this whole time." Carlos's demeanor went darker hearing him speak.

"I-I don't know anything." I cried out in a yell and tried to scamper out of the ropes but there was no point, there were really tight,

"Let's just get rid of them once and for all, we don't have all the time in the world." Miles kept persuading Carlos in words I couldn't understand, they were speaking in Spanish.

"I didn't do it..." I kept repeating.

"Guys, we need to talk about this. .Eva is not that sort of person."

"This is the same person that deceived us multiple times, the same person who tried to kill Carlos, anyone else would have been dead by now."

"She's different now--" Aurora said in English, trying to defend me, but it was no avail, they had already made up their mind to kill me---

"Free her."

Carlos said all of a sudden, shocking everyone, including me.

"What do you mean free her?" Miles growled,

Aurora rushed to my side and began losing me out of the ropes, when they were completely off, I hugged her in tears, "It's okay...." She rubbed my back, soothing me.

I panicked as Carlos got up to his feet and ambled to where Nate was hanging, looking up at him with suspicion,

"Luis?" He called.

"Yes.." Luis ran to his side and Carlos mumbled something to his hearing alone,

"It's possible." Luis muttered audibly.

"Bring it to me, I want to see it." He said,

"Yes, sir." Luis nodded and left, I didn't know what he was up to, but the way he was staring at Nate's unconscious body. I knew it had something to do with him,

I won't let him hurt Nate, no matter what.

"Don, you need to think this over." Miles tried to get Carlos to reason with him, "This girl is playing with your head again, she's going to get you killed, is that what you want? you want to lose everything over some mealiness English woman."

"That's enough!" Carlos growled, "Keep quiet and let me think."

Miles clenched his jaw and bowed his head,

"I-I don't want this anymore---" I mutter.

"Aurora gets Eva out of here--" Carlos growled waving me off.

"No..." I cut in a yell, "I'm not leaving so you could hurt my brother, punish me, do whatever you want with me, but leave my brother out of it..."

"Aurora!" Carlos warned,

"Come on, Eva." Aurora tried to drag me out of the room but I refused,

"No, I'm not going anywhere, not until someone gets Nate down from there..."

Carlos signaled and Miles clenched with an eye roll, approaching me.

"No, no." I squealed, backing away. He reached and swooped me off the floor effortlessly, "Let me go, let me go." I was screaming, kicking and hitting, but It was to no avail, Miles carried me out of the basement and threw me hard on the floor in a room,

"Please, don't hurt him...." I cried. He stopped down to me on the floor, staring at me. "Please..." I pleaded with him. He arched my chin roughly and made me look at him, he was staring at me with so much anger and disgust in his eyes.

"You can't fool me, I have met women like you and I won't let you trick Carlos anymore, you are a traitor and deserve the same fate as the other English women, I would make sure of it." he got up to leave and I blurted out a suspicion I had been assessing for a while.

"I know you have feelings for Carlos."

He turned sharply to me,

"What did you say?"

Despite the glares, I continued,

"I see the way you look at him, the way you lick your lips, and strip him down with your eyes when you think no one is watching..." I swallowed hard as his glare began to intense, "I have had my suspicion for a while, I just didn't say anything--"

"Shut up!" he growled and in seconds I was lifted and pinned forcefully to the wall, "One more word from you and I would pull a bullet right through your head!" he's breathing and fuming in anger, which meant I got to him and I was right, I continued to prod him.

"I promise not to say anything to Carlos or anyone, you have my word. But I beg you please get my brother out of this."