Chapter 26

Eva

"Facile!"

His grandmother scolded a little redhead that was running towards Carlos, "That's my granddaughter, Chiara-" his grandmother sighed stepping towards what I assuming his the kitchen.

"Uncle Carl.." The little girl squealed, jumping on Carlos. I watched him wince, but he covered it up well.

I wanted to stop her seeing he was in pain, but he shook his head slightly, stopping me. He clearly didn't want them to know he was injured,

He plays with her, causing her to giggle and laugh, before turning to me, "Chiara, this is Eva... Say Hi." Carlos tells her and she gave me a cute smile which I returned, "You're pretty-" She mumbles, causing me to chuckle, "You're prettier-" I mumble back and she shrugs.

"I know." She said and Carlos and I laughed. He placed her back on the floor that's when I noticed more people coming,

"You must be Eva-" A girl about my age said, I was glad to know that at least I had someone besides Carlos to talk to.

She smiles, pulling me into a hug, "I'm Aurora, Carl's sweet cousin and Miles fiancé-" She said and I threw her a smile and watched as the others greeted Carlos with respect.

"Don't worry, You would get to meet everyone soon.." Aurora assured me and I nodded, "You must be tired, let me show you to your suit-" I wasn't sure whether to leave Carlos, who was clearly in pain,

Then I realized he was with family. I turned and followed her up the long staircase and after endless minutes of climbing we made it in front of a door.

Aurora opened the door and we went inside. My eyes widened as i stepped further.

This wasn't a room. It was more like a private suite. It had a furnished living room, a closet, not to add a kitchen and a massive bathroom, to the side was an adjoining balcony that portrayed a very nice view of the city.

I spotted another door and as if reading my mind,
"That's the bedroom-" Aurora chirped in,

"You can freshen up in the bathroom and get some rest, and if you need anything my room is just down the hall." And with that she left and I took myself to the bedroom.

Immediately stunned by how big the bedroom, there was a kinged sized bed, with two white nightstand on each side.

I thought of changing and freshening up, then I realized my suitcase hasn't been brought up yet. I decided to walk to the balcony to stare out the city, but there wasn't much to see during the day.

I walked back to the room, it's barely thirty minutes since I got here and I am already bored. I began scooping and looking around for a bit before I got tired and sprawled myself on the comfy bed, I took out my phone and texted Carlos.

Are you coming up or not?  I typed, but on second thought. I wiped it. He would get it over his head if I send that.

-how's your wound? I sent instead and laid back on the bed with a sigh. I need to shower and take a nap. I stretched with a yawn and got up, I was heading to the bathroom when my phone buzzed on the bed.

-I would be right with you love.

I scoffed. This man is unbelievable, I ask him one thing and he replies another. I rolled my eyes threw and the phone on the bed, making it into the bathroom. I stripped off my clothes, before I stepped in and turned on the warm shower and as the water poured against my body, I closed my eyes and tried to relax.

I don't know how long I stood in the shower, until I heard a loud thumb. I wiped the excess water off my face and turned off the shower, "Carlos-" I called out stepping out, but there was no answer. I quickly wore a robe and made it out of the bathroom.