Chapter 37

Eva

The ride back was silent.

I remained curled at the back, with my mind traveling through the course of my life.

I have gone from waking up at a hospital with no parents or memory, to jumping from different foster homes to being detained in a cell for a year, to getting lost in a foreign country and now I'm a hired killer and traitor, When would my life take a normal course?

The car came to a stop and I looked up to see we had parked in front of the mansion.

Antonio got down from the car and helped me out, he doesn't say anything and just escorts me into the building, trying not to wake anyone since it was already past midnight.

"Here, take this-"

He said as we stopped in front of the bedroom door. It was another pill bottle, this one different and a lot heavier than the last one,

"What is this-" I faltered.

"Since you messed the last one. We had to increase the dosage." he answered, "You have to be a little more creative this time, I don't care if you mix it in his salad or wine glass, just try not to get caught again." he growled.

"Are these going to kill him?" I trembled.

"No questions, Just do as your told." He leaned and kissed my forehead, "Get some rest." he whispered before walking away.

I waited for him to get far before hurrying down the next hall. I was done letting Antonio and Gabriel manipulate me.

So you can say that's how I came to this crazy decision, "Eva, it's late. Are you okay?" Aurora said, hiding behind the door.

"I need to talk to you?" I stuttered, looking over my shoulder, "Can I come in?" I whispered and she nodded slightly, allowing me in.

"Please, take a seat." She said, closing the door behind us and I thanked her before settling down at the edge of the bed, she walked over and did the same beside me, "Is everything okay? You seem quite shaken."

I shook my head and took a deep breath, before I began telling her every bit of it, including everything they made me do to Carlos and how sorry I was about everything.

She sat there in complete shock before jumping to her feet,

"We have to inform Carlos and the others right now."

"No! If you tell them, my brother would be in danger." I panicked, "I need to find a way to get him out of there, that's why I need your help."

"What do you need me to do?" She whispered and I chirped in the entire plan to her. Her eyes grew wide in fear once I was done, "Do you know how dangerous that is? What if we get caught?" She panicked.

"We won't, I have thought about it a lot."

She shook her head,

"I still think we should tell Carlos and the others, they would know what to do."

"I have been betraying him for months and he threatened to kill me if that ever happened, so telling Carlos right now is out of the option-"

"This is suicide, Eva. if we get caught-"

I shook my head stopping her, "We won't, I would never put you and the girls in any sort of danger." I assured her and she sighed in defeat.

"Who are the other girls?" She asked.

"We used to work at the club together."

"And, you think they would be on board with risking their lives?" She asked and I nodded slightly, There would be a lot of wealthy businessmen at the scene, so it won't be difficult getting Pink and the girls on board.

Aurora sighed in defeat and reaching out, she grabbed my hand and gave it a tight squeeze, "It would be fine." She assured me kindly and I managed to throw in a faint smile.

I hope so.