47

A few days passed with me doing nothing but workouts and lengthy push-ups, the whole time he would just stay at the corner, yelling orders, or reading a book and if he's feeling generous he would let me have a break. It's tiring, the worst part is that I still don't know what this is about. Is this my punishment?

He won't talk to me so I can't ask, even the guys don't know what's up with him, if he's going to kill me, let him do it already because I'm tired.

"I'm thirsty..." I yelled out to him and he lifted his eyes from the book he was reading to look at me.

"60 seconds." He muttered.

I rolled my eyes and went to grab the bottle of water, I took a sip and poured some on myself before returning to the ring.

I starts to hit the punching bag when the door suddenly slid open, revealing a dark haired man with tattoos around his neck, "Don...." The man said with an acknowledgment nod,

Carlos smiles setting down his book.

"It's been a while." he continued as he walked up to him, and they do a manly handshake, "Nice to see you again."

"You too, Tom."

They both then turn to me, "So is this the kid?"

"Yeah..."

"You didn't mention it was a girl..." he points and starts walking towards me, "What's your name, love?"

I clenched, muttering. "Eva Green."

"American!" he uttered in surprise, his eyes flickering back and forth between Carlos and me, "I see..." he stays silent for a few seconds, observing me. My eyes just stay in one place, ignoring his gaze, "So, Eva...let's see what you got."

My eyes sparked open and I looked over at Carlos, he doesn't expect me to fight him, does he? "I don't want to do this..."

"You don't have a choice-" his voice breaks through the silence, reminding me I was his prisoner.

"Don't worry, I'll be gentle on you.. I don't hit girls." He said as he warmed up.

I gulped and pulled myself together. I can do this, I told myself as we began walking in circles, in each one we got closer, our eyes not leaving each other. Carlos would always say, make sure your opponent takes the first step, so you could counter and watch his every move.

Suddenly he lunged at me trying to punch my face, I ducked and side stepped. At some point I must have gotten distracted with Carlos getting up and leaving when I was knocked on the side, causing me to hiss in pain.

Dammit,

I closed my eyes for a few seconds, hitting my lip. My whole upper body clenched,

"Oh, I'm sorry.. does it hurt.." He taunted. I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore the pain, making a fast step forward, while swinging my arm and aiming for his face but he was fast, he grabbed my arm and twisted me around with full force.

I crash into his chest and he starts to laugh,

"He must really hate you, what did you do?"

"I tried to kill him." I muttered and tried to hit him, but he dodge again.

"You have guts, I give you that... But you have to make him pardon you because you are really bad at this." This time I was the one to smirk, he's distracted. I slammed my fist into his chest with so much strength, taking him off guard and having him slumping backwards against his corner, gasping.

I took the opportunity to punch him again, when suddenly the door slid open and Carlos stepped in, "That's enough!" His voice broke through the walls

I gathered myself up and helped Tom, "I guess, I was wrong... you are something." He smirked, before scurrying towards Carlos and then whispering something in his ears, he ran off.

"We are done for the day-"

I gathered my things and went after him before he could limp away, I ran and stopped in front of him, "No, not until you tell me what's going on..."

"Go to your room, Eva." His tone remains calm and calculated.

I shook my head, stubbornly. "Tell me why you are doing this, why are you helping me after what I did to you? Is this your way of punishing me, tell me something... I'm going crazy."

"There's a war coming and I need everyone to be prepared for it. Now get some rest, it's going to be a long training tomorrow." he says and starts walking away. I just stood there dumbfounded, I started to sink in the news, when I heard his voice again, "You did good today, keep it up."

The last part was barely audible but enough to get my cheeks flushed.