74

I sat downstairs, scrolling through my new phone while waiting for Miles to come down from his meeting.

They've been up there for a while now.

I sat with my legs crossed over one another, I was nervous, I'm still yet to come up with a plan.

Miles finally strutted in, wearing his all-black signature look. I know he's trying to make a statement but still, would it kill him to brighten up a bit.

"What do you want?"

"We have an appointment."

He raised his eyebrow, turning to me as he lit his cigar.

"We?"

"We've been over this, Miles." I sighed.

He puffed at his cigarette and blew out the smoke.

"Fine then, I'll just go by myself. Just be sure to tell Carlos where to find my dead body in case he wonders." I turned around and started walking off with the intention that he would run after me.

I started counting as I walked off towards the gate.

3... 2...1..

Just when I thought he didn't care--

"You're gonna walk to the east side? Have you lost it?" I heard him yell after me.

I quickly spun around.

"Yeah. If maybe someone had offered to give me a ride I wouldn't have to walk by myself to the most dangerous metropolis in Milan."

"Get the guards to take you then, I have work to do." He turned around.

"I will just walk," I yelled back and pretended to turn around.

I heard him let out a sigh,

"Fine." He yells.

I beam and hurry over.

"On three conditions." He pointed his two fingers at me warningly. What's with Viper men and ultimatums lately? "You don't ask questions, you don't speak when you're not asked to speak and you get me my money by all means necessary. Are we clear?"

I rolled my eyes, saying.

"That's fine by me."

He snickered and moved towards the car, I quickly followed him, he drove one of those gigantic wranglers, which are almost impossible to climb, knowing Miles it's probably why he got it,

He hopped into the driver's side without even lifting me a glance,

"Well, hello, can you help?"

"Get in or stay down. Your choice, princess." He said as he lit himself another cigar.

I scoffed in disbelief and pulled myself up, that's after two failed attempts.

"Took you long enough." He teased but kept his face void of humor. He probably stopped smiling to stop himself from feeling anything,

I shook my head at him and buckled up for the ride, I was in for a long one.

"Keep your head down, this is not a cruise."

"You think anyone would pick you for a road trip?"

"What did I say about talking?" He warned. It was impossible not to gaze at the veins on his arms, the way they popped when he grabbed the wheel, or how he held his cigar in his mouth with ease as he drove.

"You know 'smokers are liable to die young is not a myth."

"Shut up!" He scowls at me.

I stopped talking and gazed out the window.