ⓞⓝⓔ ( Edited )

Thank you for checking this story out! As promised heres your cookies! 🍪🍪

The queen Emma my love Stone as Maxie to the media box! --->>

• •

C H A P T E R • O N E

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives. - Chuck Palahniuk

Maxie Foreman

"Max!"

I looked around tracing the sound of my best friend's voice and I paused on my feet.

"Maxie wait up!" I heard her again, this time I managed to get a glimpse of her red hair gliding towards me while shoving a mass of students out of the way, muttering some 'excuse me' and 'move' as she passed through an ocean of people.

I sighed.

What could she possibly want right now, I'm in a hurry.

She made it in front of me after shoving through people.

"What is it, Ro?" I asked a little too impatiently as she rolled her eyes dramatically holding her hands up, signaling to give her a moment so she could catch her breath.

"Well, my mom called." She panted out slightly.

"Um... okay? What did she say?" I asked confused as to why she was telling me her mom called her.

"It's about your meeting this afternoon, she asked me to 'persuade' you that no matter what happens, you need to consider it." She answers quoting the word persuade with her fingers.

Rory's mom was my boss, Dr. Hemmings.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her statement.

"Why? Is there a possible reason I'll pass this client? I mean even if there was, Ro, you know it's not gonna happen, I need the money." I frowned and ran my fingers through my hair.

She sighed and bit her lip nervously? My frown deepened.

"You know something," I stated as she continued to fidget nervously.

"Well... You kind of know who, the possible cuddly bear is." She said looking everywhere but me.

Cuddly bear is what we call our clients.

A year ago I went through a severe case of depression after my parents died in a car accident. Rory's mom helped me--who is a very close family friend- get through the depression. She's a psychiatrist.

I'm eighteen so I'm legal to live by myself and thankfully I manage to pull through with all of it so now I'm fine, well I can't really say I'm fine but I'm coping.

When I was diagnosed with depression, Dr. Hemmings prescribed some anti-depressants but I had an allergic reaction to the pill; so I had a really hard time pulling through.

Apparently allergic reactions to the chemical-induced antidepressant pill can be dangerous, a lot of things can happen to the patient and even possibly death. The antidepressant pill consists of the hormone called Oxytocin, it does everything from making you feel good to help you feel connected to others.

Thankfully she came up with an idea; I call it the natural cure for depression and anxiety but she calls it...

Cuddling

And guess what, cuddling releases Oxytocin.

That's how we came up with The Cuddle service. It's the private side of her business, she offers those clients like me who are having difficulties digesting or having an allergic reactions to the pills.

Who as of this moment are four clients of mine that I cuddle.

After I got better, she asked me if I wanted to do it, and I was more than willing to help people with the same problem I went through. I want to help them pull through since I know how much it sucks being depressed more so having an anxiety disorder.

"Okay, so who is it?" I asked Rory impatiently. I'm gonna be late for my meeting.

"You know patients records are confidential right, my mom is really not allowed to talk about them or even mention them to anyone... well I was kind of really shocked when I found out, and also I found out that their mother is really desperate and she found out about the service and well when my mom mentioned you she--"

"Cut the crap Ro, and tell me." I cut her off from the blabbering.

I know the fact that the patient identities are confidential but I'm getting quite impatient with all the suspense.

She took a deep breath and blurted out,

"It's Jaden Mahone."

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

A/N: Next chapter you guys will know who the fuq is Jaden Mahone... Hope you like the first chapter :) I know it's short because that's how it's supposed to be. All chapters in this book will probably be as short as this. After all, this is just a short story. I know it's a pretty boring first chapter but it'll get better as it goes.

Please vote comment and share! I really love it If you guys comment :)