ⓔⓘⓖⓗⓣⓔⓔⓝ

Hey cuddle stars! I am so sorry for my two days absence, i just realize i'm not superman. I was writing my other book IM DATING A SUPERMODEL which is by the way nearing the end. yepp check it out if you still haven't.

Anyways, please as usual ignore the weird typos and grammar errors and spelling.

••

C H A P T E R • E I G H T E E N

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. - Nelson Mandela

JADEN MAHONE (part six)

I thought I'm getting stronger. I thought I can fight him. I thought he is being nice to me now.

I am wrong.

Because now, my biggest enemy is myself.

Jason. played me. And right now is conjuring a memory I have no recollection of.

"No!" I shout my voice is booming in the small room. my room.

I heard him laugh in my head at the image of a naked woman continuously being tortured by a man. It's too familiar. too familiar and the ache, the ache in my chest is so familiar. it's like I'm watching it happen like I am there. I can hear my own muffle sob and the pain in my wrist.

"Shut it down! Shut it down!" I beg at him.

"You are weak! You think she will not leave you when she found out you're a fucked up?!" His voice echoed inside my head. I know who she he is referring to. my heart started to beat so fast as he mentions Maxie.

Maxie my girlfriend for two months now.

I love her so much. Since the Day Jason let me surface and meet her properly. I thought everything is going to be okay. She's like a ray of light giving me hope.

Since that day, something inside me ignites. a spark of happiness when I saw his big green eyes. It's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Jason completely shut down, I shut him down, I thought I beat him, I thought I have tricked him. I know once I saw her again I'll be stronger.

For one and a half months he was nowhere. not in my head anymore. I was completely free. But I was wrong.

One night an image of a scary man surface lurking in my head. The same fear crawl in my chest at the familiarity.

Then I got distracted from the sudden fear and become weak once again. Jason has been a push on the farthest corner of my head surface.

He did it. he conjures the image to frighten me and it works.

And now, he is getting worst.

"He is coming to get you again! And this time, he will torture not just your pathetic mother but your Maxie! If you don't want that to happen I want you to break her heart and I will guarantee her safety." Jason bargain.

I'm sweating now though I am trying so hard to fight him.

"You are lying to me! This is not r--"I wasn't able to finish my when a sudden flash of memory engulf my sight. I close my eye at the impact and when I open my eye. I saw him.

Like a lightning struck I was awakened. the little frightened boy woke up inside me and everything came rushing all back. I talked! He is the reason why I'm scared to talk! And I did. He hate me when I talked!

This is a memory. I began to hyperventilate as the monster is charging at me. he looks exactly the same. The same scary look on his face.

As he is about to hit me. I scream.

"NO!! STOP STOP PLEASE I'll STOP TALKING. I WILL NOT TALK. STOP. PLEASE" A stream of tears flows freely from my eye cascading continuously down.

Then it all stops. The monster was gone and I am inside my room again.

"See? He will get you again and her. now..."

Jason started and I know he found my weakness yet again.

*
*
*
My hand is shaking while dialing her number, my throat is hurting from too much crying.

She's going to be so heartbroken. Jason is so cruel. I can believe his making me do this.

Her phone rang and my heart almost stops beating.

Please don't pick up. please don't pick up. I pray in my head.

But then I heard her pick up.

"Jay?" Her angelic voice said on the other line.

I took a deep shaky breath opening my mouth to speak. But close it again. I don't have the heart to do this, I can't.

"Jay? Baby?" She said again once I didn't answer. her voice is now laced with concern.

If she only knew.

"Jay, I can hear you breathing. Talk." She orders in her Firm authoritative voice.

"Max..." I trailed off. the courage is slipping off again. but then I feel myself slip away and I panicked.

No no no no! Don't take over! Don't take--

****
I open my eye slowly and I instantly recognize my room.

What happens? My thought is disoriented. it feels different. I feel different.

Wait...

"No! no! Jason! Jason!" I call him closing my eyes firmly.

"Talk to me you dipshit!" I curse begging for him to talk to me.

His familiar bone-chilling laugh erupted in my head.

"Yes, Jay-jay?" His voice is taunting.

"What did you do?!" I scream helplessly. I don't know how long it has been since I am me. I wonder how long it has been. what happen.

"What happen?! Tell me!" I ask him when he didn't respond.

"I broke the little bitch heart," he answers flatly. my heart sinks into my stomach. then everything came back. The memory. the threat.

No! No! I can't live without Maxie. I cant. oh god. please.

"It's too late now lover boy, she hates you now," Jason informs mockingly.

I want to kill him!

"I will kill you!!" I threatened, gritting my teeth.

Jason was not threatened one bit.

"Oh really? You have to kill you first before that happens lover boy." he counters in a beaming voice.

He's right. but do I care? No. I lost her. I don't see the point of living anymore.

"I am ending this now Jason," I mutter with a shaky breath.

The idea of dying is appealing. I will end my agony and I will end him. no more suffering. no more monster.

"If you kill us, then he will get her and torture her. are you sure you want to let that happen? Poor little Maxie. her life in danger. the monster is looking for her. she will torture her."

As he whispers the words in my head a flashes of images dance in my head. the monster smirking looking directly at me.

"No. stop! Stop!" I begged.

He never stops until I found myself pouring all the medication in my mouth inside the bathroom floor.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

Authors Plea:

Heya cuddle stars. sorry again for the weird chapter. this is the last of his POV, IF THERES a question regarding the story, confuse? Ask me. i'll try making something up. LOL and yes, he can do that, conjuring images like a pro.

Anyways, i hope you like this depressing yet enlightening chapter. please VOTE,COMMENT and SHARE THE WISDOM.

LOVE YOU ALL!

Here's a free soup. 🍲🍲🍲