ⓢⓘⓧ (Edited)

Thank you @whoisyourprince for editing this :)

C H A P T E R • S I X

I've learned that home isn't a place, it's a feeling. - Cecelia Ahern, Love, Rosie

Maxie Foreman

The days drag by, I'm still receiving a mass of text messages, voice mails, and miss calls from Jaden's mother, I never opened any of them to know the content of the messages. I still haven't made up my mind.

Day by day, my conscience is killing me; I just physically can't be in close proximity with Jaden, even Rosie - Dr.Hemmings - keeps on talking me into accepting it.

The answer remains the same, I can't. As much as I want to help him, I just can't

There are some instances when a great determination forms in my chest to accept it, like when all the good memories Jaden and I shared started to embellish in my head. The exact same feeling I felt that day came storming back into my heart, which makes me want to call his mother and just say yes.

Then the most rational part of my brain came weighing more heavily. All the bad parts of our relationship started to assault me changing my mind completely, making me put down my phone and all the courage and determination I build up came crashing down.

It's a tough decision.

I tried weighing my options. I did.

Sometimes I think about how much he is probably going through, I reminded myself that he has gotten to the point where he wanted to end his life. I still can't believe a confident, strong-headed, and always sure of himself Jaden would do such a thing to himself.

If I'm being completely honest, I worry about him. I want to help him. Desperately.

But I still want to keep my shattered heart safe as much as possible and away from harm, away from him.

I know exactly why, the minute my eyes will lay on him again, I know, I'm definitely sure I'll cave in. I am weak when it comes to him. I have given him everything in me and I know that he knows how much power he holds against me. I'm a goner when it comes to the charm of that guy.

"Max Max are you okay?" A soft delicate voice takes me out of my mind battle. Startled, I averted my gaze away from the space I'm currently gawking at, to the boy beside me.

Smiling I nod my head.

"Yes Ausy, so you are done with your assignments?" I ask the eighteen-year-old boy who nods enthusiastically.

"Yep! I'm ready to cuddle! " He cheered making me laugh and stand up from the plastic chair I'm sitting at. He follows and I started leading him to his bedroom.

"So what story do you want me to read tonight?" I ask as we enter the room.

The eighteen-year-old boy beamed and point at the shelf of books beside his bed. I followed where he was pointing and the familiar book came in sight.

Jack and the Beanstalk.

I smile and take it out off the shelf.

"Let's begin then!" I said as I sit on his bed and tap the space beside me.

After he took a bath I made him finish his assignments and now he is in his Spongebob pajamas ready for bed.

He jumps instantly and drapes his long arms around my stomach getting comfortable.

I smile and started reading.

Ausy is an eighteen-year-old boy with Mild Autism. He has a mind of ten-year-old and currently being home-schooled by his mother.

Ausy is my only regular client. I cuddle him on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. When his mom has to work. She's a stewardess so she travels a lot. When I'm not with Ausy his Aunt is here to babysit him.

He doesn't have depression, I have no idea why I'm cuddling him though, his mother Margaret is just really fond of me I guess, and I do love Ausy like my little brother even though we are the same age. I adore him.

I've been cuddling him for almost a year now, I met his mom when I was still in a very dark phase of my life, and her husband was in the same accident as my parents. Their car collided and I met her in the hospital. We help each other as much we can.

I guess it was guilt at first, her husband was drunk driving so he was the reason why I'm alone in the world. I was mad at first when I found out but then I realized holding grudges will never bring them back and she lost the love of her life too.

From then we treat each other as family, and I love them to death.

A soft snore from my side and the heavyweight on my stomach signaled that the boy who is hugging me is already fast asleep. I close the book and reach for the lamp beside me, ready to sleep myself.

I stay with Ausy because he sleepwalks, one time he fell on the stairs and broke his arm.

I started to drift off when I felt the vibration of my phone on top of the table. My eyes snapped open, for some reason my heart started to accelerate. I felt nervous all of a sudden.

I reach for my phone slowly until the screen is in front of my face.

I gasp when I saw the number that appears on the screen.

The number I memorized by heart. The number I've been praying to appear on my phone for so long.

Jaden's.

• • •

A/N : LONG-ish chapter eh!?? i seriously thought i wont be able to update today. but i did! Hoorah for that!

Lol thank you guys so much for reading! I'm still keeping up on my schedule! I myself can't believe it.

Anyway, i have no idea about mild Autism because i sometimes feels a little bit autistic. lol

So please Vote, Comments and share!

I love you all! The best comment will have a dedication next chapter! I have a steamy scene in my head so..... yeah

Love,

-kreacher!