ⓔⓛⓔⓥⓔⓝ

Heya lovely Cuddle Buddy.

Sorry kind of a late update.. But yeah.

Again, ignore the typos, grammar errors and Spelling... love you!

••

C H A P T E R • E L E V E N

"That's the thing about pain," Augustus said, and then glanced back at me. "It demands to be felt." - The fault in our stars

Maxie Foreman

"Did he tell you what's wrong with him?"

I ask Jaden's mom my voice is shaking. her face turns hard and in pain like a mother who cares so much for her child. she shakes her head and sighs heavily.

"He never talked to us about what's going on, we've been to several doctors, but every time he's in sessions he never opens his mouth, he sat there patiently, like nothing is bothering him but never answer a question, it's like he's not hearing a thing," she said a little frustratedly.

Jaden is so weird. The frown on my forehead stays.

"But how did you know that there's something wrong? Why did he try to kill himself?" I ask again, my curiosity is starting to perk up. It's unbelievable.

"When we adopted him, we thought he's mute, he never speaks... that's what the foster home thought as well, but when we took him with us, he started having nightmares, we heard him shouting in his room, and we tried so hard to wake him up but he won't., that's the only time you'll hear him open his mouth when he's having a nightmare, it continues till this day, though we thought it has stopped, when he turns fourteen, he just spoke one day like he's been talking all his life, his first word was mom, he called me mom." She tells me her lips are trembling.

Holy shit, I am having information overload. Jaden was mute till he's fourteen? The fuck?

"Even then we've been taking him to see what's wrong but every doctor just gave up since he never talks to them. my husband and I been talking to their doctors instead, we told them about his nightmares and they said it was normal for someone who's been abused, it's the trauma, and it's impossible to wake him up." She continues,

"What does he say while he screams?" I ask when I found my voice.

"He just keeps yelling stop, and that he'll never talk again," she answers,

Holy shit.

"The doctors said it was selective Mutism." She continues.

Selective mutism. I swallowed down another lump in my throat. this is too much. the Jaden I know and I love has been through hell.

"Did you find out why he attempted suicide? I ask again once I realize she never answers that question.

She looks at me this time, the look I can't decipher in her face but I can see so much pain in it.

"When he started dating you, we thought that he's gonna be okay, my husband and I were just too optimistic, he just, he started laughing and we can see happiness in his eyes, he's been doing weird gestures like kissing us both in the cheeks before he heads out, but he never speaks about you even when we ask, so my husband and I investigate," she paused and chuckled. "One day, I know he's going on a date since he was so primped up, so we followed him, and then we saw him pull into your driveway, and that's the first time we saw you," she sighed again this time her face changed making me nervous as hell. "we told him that we followed you guys, and he just started screaming at us and throwing things, he was completely mad, he said that we are going to take you away from him and ridiculous things like that, and we've been telling him that that's not our intention, but he's having none of that, and then one night he came home with bruises, he said he wanted to changes school. that he broke up with you." Her voice is silent and apologetic.

Damn, he is really crazy. my heart fell down to my stomach.

"Then he's having nightmares again, this time we hear him scream your name, he keeps saying sorry, and he's just keeping you safe." She informs causing my breath to hitch,

What does he mean he's keeping me safe? From who? From him? From physically hurting me? Oh god. this is too much. too much for my heart to take.

"Then one morning, his first day in his new school I went to check on him if he's already awake but then I saw him lying on the ground he overdosed." She continues voice trembling eyes fixated on me,

"Maxie, I'm begging you, help him. find out what's wrong with him. please." She added in a painstakingly desperate voice. I've never had someone begging me, and it doesn't feel good at all.

I have a long shaky breath as I responded.

"I don't know how to do that. honestly, I really want to help him I do, but he hurt me so much, he didn't just break up with me, he ... he shattered me, he broke up with me in the worst way possible." I retaliate my voice is shaking. Honestly, what can I do? he obviously doesn't want to see me. For god's sake, he called me not to listen to his mom!

"I know honey, I know... But Jaden needs you, I know I sound so selfish, but I'm a mother, you'll understand one day. I'll do anything for my son, I honestly don't know your name, we just learn it from his nightmares whenever he screams it. John, my husband look you up, and we found out that you are friends with Jaden's new doctor. Dr. Hemming. And she told us about your service."

So that's how she found me.

"Just please try, he needs you he does, I've never seen him so shattered when he left you, I don't know him, the reason but I can feel it has something to do with his past. I know you can do it, Maxie, please."

I can't take so much pleading in one day, so with a heavy heart and determined soul. I nod my head finally giving in.

No matter what it takes. even another shattered heart. if that's even possible.

I'll try to help him.

🍂🍪🍂🍪🍂🍪🍂🍪🍂🍪🍂🍪🍂🍪

ANNOYING AUTHORS NOTE!!

Who hates this chapter??? I do!!

Please please pleaseeeeee like a pathetic lunatic i am Please VOTE! COMMENT AND SHARE! Lol

Here have some cherry 🍒🍒🍒