ⓕⓞⓤⓡ (Edited)

C H A P T E R • F O U R

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost

Maxie Foreman

(Flashback....)

I sigh exhaustedly running my hand through my hair as I scan the pages of my History book.

"Stupid essay," I mumble, closing the book once again.

I literally, had had enough. My eyes were hurting from too much reading.

Deciding to call it a day I start gathering my stuff together and hastily put everything inside my bag, looking at the Clock above the wall opposite me.

It's 4:15 in the afternoon.

I sigh in relief, I still have a few hours to kill before my Client for tonight. Tonight, I'm Cuddling a twenty-year-old College boy. He's not depressed thankfully. As strange as it sounds, all he needed was a cuddle to help him sleep due to being exhausted.

Clients like this are my favorite though. Why? Because I can leave after they fall asleep. I don't have to stick around until morning. His name is Martin, and he is studying Biochem in college which exhausts him to death. And I've also been told he has a separation problem. He has a girlfriend but they're on the challenging LDR (long-distance relationship).

His girlfriend, Mayeth is one of Dr. Hemming's past Patients and she knows about the Cuddle Service and she actually asked me to cuddle her boyfriend to help him sleep. 

It sounds somewhat cute and somewhat strange at the same time. 

Good thing for her, she knows the rules, and our Cuddling Business is strictly just cuddling. If you must know, if the Client attempted anything that crosses the line there would most definitely be consequences.

Although Martin and most of my Clients would never cross that line. But having Martin drool in his sleep is disgusting.

That's one of the things I hate about my job; the weird habits that one has when asleep. But I get paid generously so really cannot complain.

It's pretty simple to understand what my job is to those that would want to cross the line. Our slogan is simple; "Do you find yourself depressed at times? Do you ever feel lonely and wish that you could just talk to someone that would genuinely listen? Do you find yourself suffering from stress, anxiety, or sleep loss? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you are not alone."

That's also my job description.

I push the double door open not thinking to check whether anyone was on the other side. I must have pushed the door harder than I thought because the next thing I knew, through the blurry glass a figure fell to the floor followed by a string of profanities leaving their mouth.

My eyes widen in shock.

Holy shit! I hit someone with the door, my bad.

In a panic I open the other door and rush towards the person who is lying on the ground, clutching their head in pain.

"Are you fucking blind, you idiot!" He accuses, his back facing me.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry!" I apologize, ignoring the foul language he uses. His eyes were closed whilst he yelled at me until I spoke. He faces me and opens his eye looking directly at me. I step forward impulsively and grab his hand helping him to stand up. I can feel a number of eyes behind my back gyrating through me.

I suddenly recognize the face and my heart starts to do somersaults inside my chest as if it wanted to get out. I feel my blood begin to drain from my body.

Jaden Mahone! I'm so bloody dead.

To my surprise though, his face was colored with relief? An expression which I'd rarely see on his face...What the...

"Did you... Did you just hit me with the door?" He inquires, his voice is calm and somewhat teasing.

Who is this guy? Does Jaden Mahone have a twin?

"Oh my, did you hit me so hard you lost your voice?" He utters again, this time it's affirmative.

JADEN MAHONE is teasing the likes of me. A nobody. A weirdo.

A finger snaps in my face making me blink fast, bringing me back to reality. 

"Oh god, I'm sorry! I'll take you to the nurse." I say, reaching forward to grab his arm. 

Jaden once again surprises me with a laugh.

"How about you take me to the coffee shop after school and tell me about yourself? I'll meet you there."

And with that said; he left.

*****
A/N: Hope you guys liked it!

Please consider leaving a vote, comment, and of you like it that much which i'm sure you did please Share. EHL OW EHL.

I'm kidding. but yeah please vocoresh!