ⓔⓘⓖⓗⓣ (Edited)

Note: Italic parts are flashbacks...

C H A P T E R • E I G H T

"Sometimes you don't see that the best thing that ever happened to you is right under your nose." - Love, Rosie

Maxie Foreman

"You should leave before my mom gets home."

Jaden said in an icy cold voice making my heart leap, hurtfully I nod my head. He stands in the doorway of his room already fully clothed.

How could he say something like that after what happened to us? I look down embarrassed getting out of his bed. I pick up my underwear that is lying on the floor and slip it on hurriedly. Next, my pants crumbled just a few steps away. Silently I walk over to it and slid it on slowly, I can feel his gaze burning through my naked body, and my chest feels heavy. I hate how he acts sometimes.

I found my bra next and my shirt. Once I'm done dressing I walk toward his bathroom. He doesn't say a word and just keeps on looking at me; with a tight chest, I finish prepping myself and prepare to leave.

When I walk out of his bathroom, I found Jaden seated on his Bed his elbow resting on his knee holding his head, rocking back and forth, he is murmuring something I can't decipher. Furrowing my eyebrows, worry started to creep up on me. I slowly walk towards him, my steps are light like I'm afraid he'll hear me.

Once I'm in front of him, I kneel down until my head is level with his eye; I found my hand slowly reaching for his chin. I realized he stopped mumbling, he looks up and met my eyes, his grey orbs locked straight at mine, this time his eyes hold no more irritation or anger, but a soft apologetic, and loving gaze.

"I'm sorry baby..." he said truly meaning it. That's how he is. Once he said something he knows hurt me, he apologizes immediately. I can tell how much he beats himself up for it sometimes.

I nod in understanding and sigh heavily. "It's quite alright, I understand," I assure him and he shakes his head immediately.

"No, you don't...But..." he trails off. It looks like he wanted to tell me something. He sighs and stands up. "Let's get you home, I don't want you to meet my mom yet." He mumbles instead.

A frown made its way to my forehead, but I decided not to push him so I nod.

We've been dating for two months now, and base on rumors, and Jaden's reputation, I am the first girl that has ever lasted this long. To be honest I myself wonder how... I'm not the prettiest girl out there or even remotely cool or even close to sexy. Sometimes I wonder what this guy sees in me. Throughout our relationship I found out he is not what people make him out to be, true, he has an anger problem, and sometimes he just punches a person out of nowhere without a particular reason, and well sometimes he screams and glares at me, for no apparent reason as well. But he apologizes immediately once he realizes what he did and he can be the sweetest person when he wants to be, I suck at remembering dates, like anniversaries and such but he does, on our first month together which I stupidly forget he took me to the most expensive restaurant in town and took me to a fair.
For the first time in my life after my parent's death, I feel special and ... loved.

We are now driving towards my apartment and Jaden is silent. The silence that feels like I am alone in the car. He looks like he is deep in thought as his eyebrows are almost touching each other. His lips are pursed and his jaw clench.

One of the things I found out about him, is that he is always deep in thought.

"Jaden, why can't I meet your mom?" I demanded out of nowhere surprising him and apparently myself as he suddenly steps on the break causing a loud screech and we staggered forward.

I gasped in shock and my eyes went as wide as they could.

"DON'T FUCKING TALK WHEN I'M DRIVING!" He screams at me completely and utterly mad. I feel like I swallowed my tongue. I was terrified...

"AND DON'T FUCKING ASK ABOUT MOTHERS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE!"

....

I never did believe what he said, I know he has a mother, and yet I have no idea why he would say such a thing after he said I couldn't meet her. He truly is a strange guy.

Looking at the woman in front of me with a nervous gaze, I played with the coffee mug in my hand as I started to escape the haze of that memory.

After they came to Margaret's house I was left with no choice but to talk to the woman who claimed to be Jaden's Mother. We are now seated in a coffee shop across the road. She looks like she doesn't know where to start as she studies me for about fifteen minutes now. It's starting to creep me out.

"Jaden's adopted, we adopted him when he was thirteen."

Was the first thing the woman in front of me said?

It was only the start.

Because the next thing she said I was unprepared for and it will probably be forever engraved in my memory.
• • •

A/N: i honestly don't know what Jaden's mom said. i just put it there to make it more... yah know. lol. I think there's a few more chapters left.. Maybe eight??

Thank you guys for reading! I love you all so much!

Please VOTE AND COMMENT AND I'll PROBABLY UPDATE EARLY AGAIN!!!!

And share!!!