ⓣⓦⓔⓝⓣⓨ

Guys this is not edited and i didn't proofread this just wrote it and update! Sorry it's been sooo long i'm so annoying.

Anyway!! Please check the trailer of this book! The link is on my bio and on the media box! made by the amazing starsandsky !! Thank you so much!

Warning this chapter sucks and a bit intense but by far the most important.

••

C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

MAXIE FOREMAN

His hold in my arms tightens even more until it's starting to hurt.

My heart hammers against my chest as we look at each other, I can feel my eyes started to water as panic starting to creep up on me.

I watch Jaden's eyes started to change with intensity until it hardens to menacing.

I knew I'm facing Jason now.

"Jason, let me go," I said shakily.

I'm scared. he scares me, it only means he's getting stronger now thus he beat Jaden.

"If you behave I might," he states calmly, smirking, so un-Jaden. his hold never loosen.

"You're hurting me." I cried as struggle from his hold.

His smirk turns into an evil grin.

"Good," he said, and the last thing I remember is his gray eyes turn black.

SHARON MAHONE's POV (Jaden's mom)

The drive home was silent as my husband's and I's thoughts drifted back to what happens at Private Sanches office.

"Do you think this will help?" I ask my husband killing the silence in the air.

"We are on the right track dear, now that we know about his past I think we can finally help him," John answers looking at me and back to the road.

"I can't believe this happened to him John, he's been through so much," I said my voice cracks once again.

"He'll pay for what he did to our son, they're looking for him," he said soothingly squeezing my thigh affectionately.

For seven years that criminal is still on the loose, how could they not capture him? What if he's still torturing poor innocent kids like my son?

Seven years ago, my son was lucky enough to escape his rotten lifestyle. thanks to the police back then, but then that man with a black soul manages to escape despite the gunshots. There's nobody found as the reports say.

For years we've been begging the foster home about what's wrong with our son, what happened to him, the constant nightmares and weird behaviors, the only information we got is that he's been abuse and nothing else.

The situation and the nightmare got worse and day by day as it drags by I watch him suffer from his past and we've never felt so helpless.

Until he utters Maxie's name. his ex-girlfriend. who happens to be Dr. Hemmings's friend and I know she can help. Especially her service. From then we saw a glimpse of hope for our son. I know, she's the only one who can help him.

But the girl was hard to convince, I wonder what happened to them. during the time she's dating my son, I've never seen him so happy. So carefree. for the first time since we adopted him he smiles and kisses our cheeks.

But then they broke up and he's never been the same. worse comes to worst till he tried to kill himself.

The hardest part is that we watch him helplessly not knowing what to do. We've been through to several doctors, but nothing, they never help anything helps, they only manage to tell us about his selective mutism.

My thoughts stop as my husband finally pull into our driveway. it's already dark, the meeting with the private investigator took longer than we anticipated, but the information we gained was by far the most important one. we manage to crack my son's past and now we understand even more.

My worries multiply though, the thought of the man who tortures and abuses him still on the loss does not settle on me. my mother's instinct tells me bad things as my heart is never calm since the private investigator mentioned him. I can't afford to lose him.

He needed to rot in hell where he's supposed to be.

My husband gets off the car and I followed but as soon as we face the now widely open door my heart starts to pound faster.

My husband looks at me with the same worried gaze and we both ran inside till we reach our son's room.

We are too late.

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

See? Told you it sucks!

Next chapter will be up hopefully tomorrow! Please tell me what you think okay? I need it and please do vote and if you think your friend will like this please share. Lol