Investor Brunch & Comfort Home

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏- 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐏𝐭 3

That night....

After the mess from earlier; Lucious called the two twins down to the new club.

With her hair baby hairs gel down, she wore a black head band to keep back her straightened hair. A clutch at her side to match her heels.

Hakeem and Mercedes headed inside Empire's new club and found their dad over in the V.I.P area.

Lucious sees them. "There they are." Mercedes smiles, giving him a side hug. "Hey, baby girl." He hugs Mercedes back. "How was your rehearsal today? I heard some good things."

"Of course it went good. Did you expect less from me?" Mercedes smirks pulling back.

"Not from my daughter." Lucious shakes his head. "Your twin maybe."

"Ah-ha," Mercedes points.

Hakeem smacks her hand out the way and nods his head to their father. "You wanted to see us?"

Lucious sees his eye and tried to fight his smirk. That eye said Cookie all the way which meant Hakeem met her but he wondered if Mercedes was going to tell him that she did to. A lot of the people in Empire told him that Cookie went to her studio despite his efforts of keeping where their daughter was to himself.

Mercedes shakes her head at Hakeem's face. "I told you let me put some makeup on that." Hakeem rolls his eyes at his twin.

Lucious motions to the lively club. "So. How y'all like our new club?"

"It's all right." Hakeem shrugs as he looks out at it.

Mercedes smiles. "Classy, I will say that. It screams Empire."

Lucious looks back at Hakeem's eye and breaks his poker face. "I see you've met your mama." He looks to Mercedes. "Nothing on you, so I guess you played it smart."

They walk to the back.

"Now I see why you kept us from her." Hakeem said. They all sat down on at open booth. "She a psychotic animal, Dad."

Mercedes smacks his shoulder. "Stop talking about your mother like that. That's why you got beat up."

Hakeem sat back. "I don't know that woman. And neither do you." He tells her but got a wave off.

"You're just like her." Lucious tells Hakeem. "But your sister, now she got both of us in her."

Mercedes scoffs. "Lucky me."

Lucious grabbed a drink from the waitress who walks over to him. She sat drinks in front of Hakeem and Mercedes and leaves the bottle for them.

Lucious sat back. "You know, when uh Cookie got sent away. The judge told us 30 years. Now I was devastated."

"Mmm. She was the one in jail and YOU were devastated." Mercedes crosses her legs and gets comfortable. Lucious and Hakeem look over at her. "What? I'm just saying. Leaving the mother of your kids in prison while you became rich and you were devastated." Lucious glares from her back talking, "Apparently not too devastated to get rich and leave her sitting."

"Little girl, hush your mouth." Lucious points. Mercedes rolls her eyes and sips her drink. "Now, I  didn't know nothing about raising y'all. Cookie did all of that. Anyway, Dottie came along and fell for me hard. Said she wanted to raise y'all, you and your sister wasn't even one yet. Cookie didn't want y'all visiting her in jail and that was fine with Dottie."

Mercedes lowers her drink. "What are you saying?"

"What I'm saying is, y'all mama wasn't a bad person. We just was in a real bad situation, you know?"