The Carters Prayer

Episode 6- Out, Damned Spot

Legend looked up at the LEGENDARY sign that stayed luminous lighting up the long dark strip. All of their buildings just needed a month or two before interior work could be done. After that he needed to do a block party for the businesses and their grand openings. His mother helped him out a lot with planning for those things, as that could never be his field. He called the shots, got the money, and made sure business wise nobody got over.

Everything him and his father ever wanted all right here. It had been something he died for but he saw it through just like they talked about.

Hands stuffed in his black knee length coat as the night New York air hit him.

Those eyes staying on his sign as he pulled out his ringing phone.

One brief glance to the caller ID before he answered.

"I was just about to call you, I'll be down there in a bit."

"Legend I had to stop this girl from going over to Hakeem twice." Marquis warns on the other end of the phone. "Why do she get that linebacker strength when she's mad? It's like holding back a grown ass man."

A laugh from him, "Tell her sit her ass down, I'm on my way."

"I'm not you, I can't tell her that word from word. This girl will choke me." A slight snort from Legend whose lip quivered. "Oh you found that funny?"

"Well tell her I said it."

"You should have said that from the beginning. See you soon cuzzo." There was a pause. "Yo one of yall tell Mercedes Lyon that Legend said sit her ass down!"

Shaking his head, Legend chuckles hanging up the phone. Seeing the headlights coming from the distance made him squint until he spots the familiar Lincoln and its license plate.

A smile pulls the corner of his mouth up.

Opening the door, an older woman steps out of the car in her black knee high boots, a white button down with some of the top undone to show her cross chain. A black trench coat that she tied together as she walked around the car.

Those angelic features and angled cheek bones made the car lights shine even brighter.

He turns a look over his shoulder. "Now what made you drive out here to me?"