Who Are You Running From?

Episode 6- Out, Damned Spot

Mercedes got out of the cab and knocked on the door to Jamal's home but didn't get an answer from him.

"Are they still out?" Mercedes looks at the window. "Shit." Shoving her hands inside her pockets she took a seat on the steps with a sigh.

Pulling out her phone she saw the missed calls from a few people and ignored them to go to her brothers contact.

"Come on, Mal. Pick up."

Meanwhile....

Jamal walked away from his mother and Porsha when he saw the name pop up on his phone.

"Yo, Riah. Where you at? Ma got that football player to tweet about the song."

"I didn't know you both were still out."

"Where are you?"

"I just caught a cab to your place."

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know if I am."

That slight crack in her voice.

"You said you were meeting by with dad. Is that why?"

"Yeah."

Jamal looked at the time. "Look. Don't move, I'm on my way back. Okay?"

"Okay."

"I'm serious, Riah. Don't move from the step."

"Well nobody else step look appealing and the other ones are abandoned so."

A roll of his eyes. "I'll be home soon as I can."

Hanging up, he went back over to Cookie.

"Ma, I got to go."

"Something wrong?" 

Jamal wanted to tell her but he didn't know how much his sister wanted her to know right now. Mercedes didn't burden him with any of her problems and he always wished she come to him more when she's hurting. He knew that she avoided it because he battled a lot with their father. Hakeem and Andre always called their sister the spoiled one but Jamal had been the one to see the pain behind that. She suffered being Lucious Lyon child just as much as them. Him and Lucious were a physical trauma but Lucious and Mercedes had always been a mental war.