A Favor For Titan

Episode 4- False Imposition

Jamal got up from the piano when he heard the knock on his door.

He opened it up to see Cookie and his little sister.

"You need to answer the phone when I call you." Mercedes points. "Got me out here knocking on this door like you owe me money."

"And why it took your sister to give me your address boy." Cookie says.

Jamal sighs walking back inside. "Hey to ya'll to."

"Don't you walk away from me, Mal." Mercedes followed him with the pizza box in hand, she waves to Michael.

"I know y'all hungry." Cookie says. "I figured your gas hadn't been turned on yet." She smiles at Michael giving him a hug. "Hi, sweetheart."

Michael takes the pizza when Mercedes hands it over. "Thank you both. You're so sweet."

Mercedes looks around the apartment, trying her hardest not to make a face. "This uh, this look nice. Mhm." She nods. "Look alright."

"Fix your face first before you say that." Jamal nods.

Mercedes scratches the back of her head, her hands drop to her side. "Why didn't you just let me get you a better place? Legend had other options."

"Cause you would have used Lucious money to do so." Jamal says to her eye roll. "And it ain't even that bad."

"Mal a rat almost ran over my Red Bottoms outside." Mercedes says. "Why are you lying?"

Jamal waves her off. "This is good enough for me." He tried hooking up his piano. "In the whole apartment ain't enough plugs. I have to get a power strip."

Cookie takes money out her purse. "Well, here, buy some." She hands it to him. "Here. And while you're at it, get some things and fix this place up. I know how y'all divas like to decorate."

"Ma." Mercedes looks back.

Jamal shakes his head. "Please get that out of my face. That's Lucious' money.

Cookie shrugs. "Suit yourself."

"I'll take it." Mercedes reached and got her hand slapped by Cookie. "Ouch!" She hissed, shaking it out.

Michael sighs. "All right, Jamal, you're hungry." He calls him over to the couch with him. "Come have some pizza." Jamal took a seat next to him. "Do
either of you want a slice, Cookie? Mariah?"

"I'm good." Mercedes shakes her head.

"Uh-uh." Cookie waves it off. She took a look around. "You know, this place ain't half as bad as where we lived in Philly." Mercedes sat on the arm of the chair by Jamal. "But me and your daddy still made some number-one hits in there, we sure did. Shooting rats in between takes and all."