Hidden Pain

Episode 5- Dangerous Bonds

"Whoa, whoa," Lucious seen Mercedes leaving. "What is going on?"

"You go ask that son, his chick, chicks. I don't care." Mercedes tells him. "All them chicken heads in there can leave me out of it."

"Would someone tell me what the hell is going on?!" Lucious yelled.

"Ask your son!" Mercedes yelled back. "I am not taking part in this. I came to support but if I don't leave, Tiana head gonna roll along with anybody else who try my patience. Get your son man,"

"Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving!" Mercedes called back. "I got stuff to do and it don't involve here."

"Mariah!" Lucious called after her. "Little-" he stopped his words from her already being halfway out the door. "Vernon find my son, Becky, call Cookie. Somebody go get that daughter of mine back here."

"She didn't take a company car."

Lucious spun back around. "Who's car did she take?"

Later that day;

The rink outside packed with cars and vendors as was the inside with people. Families and others were skating, the DJ blasting the best songs.

"And then it all ended with me calling them chicken heads and me telling Lucious I'm leaving."

Legend; leaned forward on the wall ledge, head down.

Mercedes sucked her teeth when she watched his shoulder shake.

"It's not funny."

"I'm sorry," Legend leans up, he rubbed his chin trying to keep it in but found himself breaking into a chuckle. "Your brother got some interesting picks in women."

"They gonna be missing some edges and teeth."

"Calm down,"

"Legend, I'm calm!"

"You are yelling at me."

"I'm not!"

Legend brow raised. "Mariah." This made her look off with an eye roll. "Mariah."

".......Yeah."

"See, that's your inside voice." Legend points.

"Whatever." Mercedes waves it off. "I just can't believe she really had the nerve to come at me like that."