A Mothers Heart & Fathers Eyes

Episode 6- Out, Damned Spot

Mercedes sat at the engineer table outside the booth with Marquis.

"Want to hit the second part again?"

A tap of the pen as she stares off.

Marquis eyes dart from side to side before reaching over so his hands were in the middle of her face. He fixes his fingers to snap but jumped when that eye cut to stare at him.

"Shi-" A hand over his chest. "Don't do that."

"Snap them,"

"I'm good." Marquis takes his hand back. "What's wrong with you though? Should be happy, you and Hakeem are all people talking about now."

"That's because people love drama." Mercedes rolls her eyes, adjusting in the chair. "Hey." Marquis looks back over. "What do you know about Legend aunt?"

"Eve?" Marquis asks to a nod. "Remember how I said if Satan went on vacation and needed somebody to fill in for him? It would be her, she would fill in for him."

Mercedes cracked a small smile. "I'm serious."

"I did not once twitch any kind of smirk or smile. That lady is the definition of the devil being in a holy place. I stay away from her and so should you. Storm to."

"You know him?"

"He's Eve son and like mother like son." Marquis says. "Look I know you want to know more about Legend but touching that side of his family is something he don't even like doing. Just trust him on it."

"Even when it feels like he's hiding something?"

"If it's Legend hiding then that means it's worth staying away from."

Mercedes sighs. "I hear you."

"But will you listen?"

"Mhm." Mercedes gets up going in the booth

Marquis nods. "She not going to listen."

Cookie came inside. "Okay, okay, I'm here." She throws her stuff down. "How is she doing?"

"Attitude on a good five and working up."