Kid Fo-Fo

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 2-The Outspoken King

Hakeem and his friends sat in the open session room. Drinks on the table and a bunch of papers filled with rap lyrics.

"I'm here with Hakeem Lyon on the Eve of his debut performance at Laviticus." Chicken holds up the camera to show them. "Yo, Keem, you getting ready to be famous?"

Hakeem with his shades on; nods. "I mean, that's the plan, ain't it?" Mercedes walked by the door but double takes and leaned back, brow raising high. "My pop's setting me up to be the prince of Empire, so..."

"Hold on, hold on." Mercedes walks inside getting their attention. "Your ass about to be looking like the village idiot if you don't finish that rehearsal."

"Ooooh!" They all react.

"Man." Hakeem sucked his teeth, looking off. "Where did you even come from?"

"God sent me," Mercedes holds out her hands. "You welcome."

"Pretty girl, Mercedes!" Chicken gets up; pointing the camera at her. "Say 'hey' to the fans. Give 'em a smile."

Mercedes eyes narrowed that brow twitching, she motioned her head. "Okay, come closer real quick." Moving over, the camera peered up. "Yeah come here," Mercedes draws it in before she mushed it away. "Get that camera out my face!"

Chicken jumped back, running back to the couch making the others laugh.

Mercedes eyes rolled back to her brother. "Hakeem,"

Annoyed, he looked over. "What? You being annoying; I know what I'm doing."

"The only thing you doing, is pissing me off," Mercedes looked at the table and picked up one of the nerf guns. "The hell are y'all six?"

Mark raised his hand. "My sister just turned six."

"Shut the hell up Mark." Mercedes points to him, keeping her eyes on her twin.

"Yes, mam." He lowers his hand.

"Yo don't be coming here trying to boss nobody around."

Mercedes glares at him. "And don't get your ass beat on live camera."

"Drag him," Chicken co-signed to a head snap from Hakeem that made them laugh. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"Look, I have a process when it comes to the best, lyrics. It's all in my head."

A slow shake of her head. "I don't think anything is in that head of yours, Hakeem—I honestly don't." She points the nerf gun at him. "If they ain't helping you, tell Three Ring Brother to make their way out. You got work to do and if," A hand pats her chest. "I, hear Lucious Lyon mouth because of it, everybody in this room getting my foot on their neck." A raise of her eyebrow. "We got me?"

"Man, bye." Shooting the nerf gun, it bounced of his forehead to their laughs. "Yo! What was that even for? You doing way to much."

"And you not doing enough. I'm not playing with you." Mercedes tossed the gun away. She flicked off one of their hats on the way out. "Take that off in here,"

"I thought we could wear hats."

"It's ugly." Mercedes eyes went back to Hakeem. "I'm serious-"

"I heard you." Hakeem raised his voice. "Go ahead somewhere."

"Wave me off again like I'm one of these fans or friends of yours." Mercedes turns back, the room got quiet. "You confused me?"

"I was just-"