Let The War Begin

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏- 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐏𝐭 6

Mercedes plays the keys on the keyboard.

A few of them falling flat, she slams her hands on them with a frustrated sigh.

"Now what's got you taking your anger out on these keys?" Christian walks up.

"Nothing." Mercedes shakes her head.

He sits next to her with sheet music. "Now I know you better. When too much is blocking here," Christian tapped the side of her forehead. "You need to put it here." A wave of the lyrics on paper.

"I know," Mercedes shrugs. "Just family things."

"Everybody needs a diss track."

Mercedes chuckles. "Nah, I'll be alright." A sigh over to him. "I'm sorry by the way,"

"For what?"

"The magazine."

Christian waves it off. "I'm used to rumors. None of that hurt me." He shrugs. "Anika seems to love it."

"I bet," Mercedes rolls her eyes. "She's trying her best to turn that into whatever she can. Against my wishes of course. I don't want people putting things there that isn't. Or my image hurting yours, or vice versa, you know."

"You wouldn't mess up my image." Christian shakes his head. "Anybody would be lucky as hell to have your name attached to them. You just make sure you have it attached to the right person."

"I will." Mercedes smiles.

"That's what I like to hear." He nudged her. "Got to keep you leveled in this game. It ain't easy."

"Please. No different with the streets." Mercedes scoffs.

"At least more men there got morals." Christian admits. "Snakes here will sell you out to get a dollar sign close to their name."

"Don't I know it." Mercedes looks down. "Can I ask you something?"

Christian stops flipping through his music. "Yeah?"

"Is hard to forgive people for you?"

Christian thinks about it. "Guess it all depends on the what." His brow raised. "What is it?"

"I mean just in terms of family and friends. Keeping secrets and stuff."

"Again, depends what it is." Christian shrugs. "It's always about the principle of the situation, never the situation alone."

Mercedes nods, a text on her phone from her father made her sigh.

"I got to get to the studio with my brother." Mercedes grabs her book and gets up. "I'll talk to you later."

A slow nod up. "You know where to find me, Princess."

Mercedes backs up with a smile as she turns around and takes her leave.

Walking through the halls, she went through the door and found her family in the studio.

Andre sitting in his chair texting with Anika across.

Lucious sits his drink to the side as he was in the back but facing the center to see Hakeem.

"Am I late?" Mercedes closed the door.

"No," Lucious glare stayed on Hakeem behind the glass. "No, you're right on time."

Mercedes heard his tone and took a nervous look back to the booth. Hakeem looked ready to fall right on the floor and be out of it for the day.