Death Washing Up

Episode 2-The Outspoken King

"Exactly how the hell did you manage to get out of performing with Kid Fo-Fo?"

A shrug of her shoulders; Mercedes sat in the restaurant booth with her friends.

Mercedes pops a fry in her mouth. "Called a calculated strategy."

"Mmm-no, that's called being spoiled." Marquis points, Mercedes sticks out her tongue to his laugh.

"At least we finally got a break, my legs hurt from today." Gigi rubs her knees.

Marquis looked next to him. "You should be the last one—!

Gigi whacked his arm making Mercedes and Destiny laugh at them.

"So you doing the photoshoot for Muave?" Destiny asks her friend.

Mercedes sighs, slapping the salt of fingers. "Yeah I guess." She tossed the last fry back on the plate. "I promised my uncle Vernon, and since my dad got me out of the performance. I now have to."

"Don't want to say you did that yourself buuuut.." Gigi's face winces. "You kind of did."

"Yeah, every sacrifice comes with a price." Mercedes takes out her phone from the black varsity jacket she had on. "If Hakeem doesn't leave me alone. Damn."

Marquis picks up his drink. "Is it about him finding Tiana?"

"Yup and she in trouble."

Mercedes sucks her teeth. "Destiny, shut up,"

"You know you are," Destiny says. "Did y'all hear the feds raided Xavier's house and his moms?"

"Yeah, I did." Marquis nods. "Shit is crazy."

"The feds got to him?" Mercedes lowers her phone. "Why the hell would the feds be looking into him?"

Marquis shakes his head. "You know he use to work with War,"

Destiny sighs. "I heard they took War in around the same time as Legend didn't they."

"Yeah but only Legend got out." Gigi points out. "Wai-y'all don't think Legend gave up War to get out early?"

"Hell no," Marquis frowns. "Know damn well he ain't no snitch."

"No, but somebody is, and the Feds must be desperate." Mercedes puts her phone away. "Everybody know Legend wouldn't snitch on War. He ain't stupid and that's rule number one when it come to any streets. Your ass don't snitch."

"That's point blank." Marquis agrees. "Xavier not that bold."

"Mmm," Mercedes rolled her eyes with a hum. "The only thing snitches are is, scared. Only fear strikes them into either talking or not talking. So for his sake he better be more scared of War then jail time."

Gigi shrugs. "I mean but aren't you already a dead man walking if you go to jail."

Mercedes sighs, looking down at her nails. "Pretty much."

The waitress comes over to the table.

"Now what dragged y'all in here?" She asked him.