Bonds Over Anything

Episode 7- Our Dancing Days

"Used to be thug say what?"

Mercedes stood in front of Lucious at the club with her arms folded and a look to him like he had lost his mind.

"First off, I'm still a thug."

"Oh that's a nice thing to say about yourself."

"Second, I don't care what's going on between us—watch who you rolling your eyes at. I'm still your damn father."

"Is that what you want to believe?"

"I'm not asking you to do this for me."

"It would never be done."

"Say something else, smart."

Mercedes closed her mouth and didn't speak.

"I ain't your little boyfriend, better talk to me with some sense."

"I could say so much to that."

"Well say nothing."

Mercedes held up her hands with a chuckle.

"Look, Jamal ain't handling this good with being a father." Mercedes opens her mouth, Lucious points. "Keep that smart ass comment about Olivia and this situation to yourself." A close of her mouth as she looked off. "Listen, Becky has some work to do for me. I want Lola to at least be with somebody in the family."

"What's wrong with you daddy day care?"

"I'm busy trying to make sure this party go somewhere tonight. Can you understand that? I'm not asking you to do a favor for Hakeem."

"Which would have received a curse word and then a no."

"Well it ain't for him, and you need to end all this with your brother."

"Give me one good reason."

"Want a reason?" Lucious asks her. "If anything happen to that boy, today or tomorrow, you'll be the first on that damn ground screaming and crying." He saw her brief glance. "Oh no smart ass comment this time? We silent. First time forever, Cook not going to believe this."