Dont Walk Away From Me

Episode 2-The Outspoken King

The two pulled away as Mercedes had to head over to speak to some people.

Music in the club starting back up to chill down the vibe until it was time for Hakeem.

Cookie turns around to see Lucious watching her with a glare. A simple smirk as she sat down in her chair.

"Yeah, I brought that out of her." Cookie points to Mercedes. "Remember that, boo-boo."

A nod from him as he gave a show of his drink.

Mercedes walked up the second level where she had been immediately hugged by her two friends.

"Now since when could you rap?" Destiny asks Marquis who came over. We knew about Cedes already."

Marquis looked her up and down. "Who do you think helps her?"

"This is true." Mercedes nods. "I couldn't have did it without him."

"You did good." Legend nods. "For somebody who swore up and down that she was only here as a guest."

"My mother and some others swayed my judgement."

"Mhm." Legend walked by her.

Mercedes watched him leave, she looks back at her friend. "I'll be right back."

"Take your time." Destiny says.

They all snickered but tried to hide it.

"Kiss my ass," Mercedes leaves. "all of you.".

Legend met up with a few of his guys that came with him. None of them stood out. All of them wore dress pants and nice shirts, some had on suit jackets.

The first one spotted Mercedes when she came down. "Behind you, boss."

Legend looks back. "I'll meet up with you all in a minute." They excused themselves.

Mercedes gave a curious glance to the men over his shoulder. "You got security?"

"Got to." Legend shrugs. "Life becomes different when you're building something legendary. I would expect the Empire princess to know that very well."

"Oh she does."

Legends nods. "You know earlier when you walked in here, you looked like Mercedes."

"And now?"

"Now," his eyes roam. "now you look like Mariah."

"That's because you're standing to close."

"Ah-ha," A slight laugh from him making her smile. "Oh foreal?" Mercedes shakes her head at his teasing. "He'd be real proud of you. I know I am. Takes a lot to get on that stage after all that."

"Thank you," Mercedes tries to ignore the blushing smile in front of him but he had already seen it for himself. "And thanks for coming to. I know you are now a busy person."

"I'm only busy until you ask me not to be."

Those simple words he said made her heart flutter and she felt like that girl who walked around with that crush on him all over again. Legend watched her body language for himself. To see the reaction he thought died when he left—it had bought a good feeling to his chest. But that calm exterior of his didn't show it.

"Since I'm here. Will you answer my question?"

"About being out with you for a day?"

"Mhm." He hums, a hands slide inside his pocket as he leaned on the rail. When he saw the curiousity on her eyes it made him bite on his chuckle. "Relax, mama, it's not a date. Just a day out with me like always. I wanted to show you what I'm building, and you get to see my office."