False Imposition

Episode 4- False Imposition

Lucious walked over to the chair, looking down at his son. The other members of A&R sitting at the couch with Anika.

"I'm gonna ask you one more time." Annoyance in his tone. "What do you want?"

"I just told you." Hakeem looks up. "We could shoot a music video, pop some bottles, get some pretty girls, and then we can get some gigs."

Mercedes snorts from the chair beside him.

Hakeem sucks his teeth. "Got something you want to say?"

Mercedes shook her head, an amused smile pressed together as she continues to text.

"This whole situation is hilarious to be honest."

"I'll deal with you in a minute." Lucious points to Mercedes who scoffed. He looked back to Hakeem. "As for you. You want to run Empire one day? Cause that's not gonna cut it." He walked away from him.

"At least I got songs." Hakeem says. "Jamal doesn't have any new songs and Mercedes been gone this whole week to."

Mercedes stops mid type, raising her head.

She points across to Hakeem. "I keep telling you it's free to mind my business and yet you still do it. And Jamal been busy."

"Busy doing what?" Hakeem questions making his twin roll her eyes. "The only thing he busy doing is
complaining about how life sucks living in Bushwick, cause he cut himself off."

Mercedes sighs. "I tried to get him better but he wouldn't take it. I visit the streets, Jamal went to live there."

"Look, I'm not talking about Jamal." Lucious tells them; he looks at Hakeem. "I'm asking you, what do you want?!"

Mercedes raised a hand. "I want, to be excused from this meeting that is wasting my time.People dying by the moment."

"You disappear for a few days and think you just going come back and be lazy?" Lucious asked.

"Lazy?" Mercedes brows both raise. "I'm only three songs from a completed album. You need to be worry about Hakeemia Lyon."

"Yo, what, did you just call me?"

"You already acting like a daddy's girl." Mercedes shrugs. "Might as well change your name."

Hakeem glares at her. "So you get around your little friends and your drug dealer and think you better than somebody?"