The Outspoken King

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 2- The Outspoken King

Destiny sat on the canopy bed of Mercedes, texting on her phone.

"What outfit number is this?" She asks.

The designer turned from the rack. "Twenty eight."

"Damn." Destiny looks to the bathroom. "Cedes! We have to go to Empire in like one hour."

"I think this is the one!"

Destiny brow raised. "Didn't she say that for outfit number thirteen?"

"It was five." The designer pulls a few dresses from the rack. "Why do you think I got here early?"

"Makes sense." Destiny throws up a hand. "Cedes come on."

A sound of the heels as she walks out, black dress shorts with a satin red button down blouse that had a deep v-neck cut.

The pair of gold LV heels on her feet.

Hair in a silk press; parted in the middle as it came pass the center of her back.

"Well?"

"Mmm, it's too plain for you."

Mercedes tilts her head looking into the ceiling high wall mirror inside her room.
Tucking a good amount of hair behind her ears to show her diamond studs.

"Yeah it is." Mercedes kicks off the shoes. "At this point I'm going naked."

"Go tell your dad that." Destiny points.

"I like my head on my shoulders, thank you." Mercedes sighs. "Just leave the rack for me, I'll make a decision tomorrow."

"You said that last week."

"Ira." Mercedes turns back. "I don't pay you to point stuff out? Just to design."

"It can be under the table money,"

Mercedes nods. "Enjoy the rest of your day, Ira."

"Will do," He sends a nod to her friend. "Destiny."

"Bye," Destiny waves.

Mercedes rolls her eyes, looking to the ceiling. "Gosh."

"You okay?"

A push back of her hair as she nods.

"Now why are we lying?" Destiny stands up, waking over to her. "I don't want to be the friend that points it out but, you lacking babes."

"What?"

"Come on, routine been off, music writing." Destiny gets back in her line of sight. "What's in that brain?"

"Stress." Mercedes plopped on the bed and falls back with a heavy sigh.

Destiny lays down on her stomach next to her.

"This about your brothers?"

"All of it." Mercedes lifts up. "I've been doing meet and greets for publicity with Christian. Trying to think of new choreography, lyrics, Anika has me running all over. I barely have time to breathe."