Dangerous Bonds

Episode 5- Dangerous Bonds

Mercedes got out of the car, the driver hands her the umbrella.

Simple white v-neck, pair of skinny jeans rolled up to show her gold anklet that matched the bangles on her wrist. Silk pressed hair with a simply part in the center and a white hand held, LV bag.

Jamal nudged Cookie when he saw Mercedes.

A take off of her shades, she frowns at the building.

"Mal, why we here?"

"Come on." He motions for them to follow. "Can both of you fix your faces please?"

"No." Cookie straight up says from under her umbrella. "You got us down here at ghetto ass studio."

"It ain't even that bad."

Mercedes double takes and casually points out. "I'm sure I saw a man get robbed around the corner on my way here."

"You ain't say nothing?"

"That ain't my beef, I don't know the full story."

"Get in there," Jamal pushed her through the door, and let Cookie go in behind her. The two of them putting their umbrellas down. "Nobody told you come out here looking expensive." He takes off his hood.

"First off, all this on me is fake." Mercedes points to Jamal's snort. "I don't come to the Bronx in real gold without security at my hip, is you dumb? Cause I'm not."

Jamal shakes his head. "What's up, y'all?" He nods to them. A look over his shoulder to the two. "And before you two start judging, just know a lot of hits came out of this place, you know?

One of the men sitting in the middle of the steps watched Mercedes as she came up the side of him.

"Excuse you." Cookie eyed him, a roll of her eyes as she walked up the steps.

Mercedes looked at the green painted hallway with the lights barley staying on in some sections. Hardwood doors with music and arguments coming from inside.

"It's like death row down there. Mmm-mm."

Jamal put a hand on her back and guided his sister through. "It's all good."

"We didn't have to come down here, Jamal." Cookie tells him.

"I know I said I was coming to support, cause this my day off." Mercedes says. "But I'm about to stop saying yes to things."