Chapter 20: Delete

We walked into the restaurant and sat in a booth. "Did I tell you, you look amazing." Alec said. "20 times." I said through my gritted teeth. He laughed, "You're not enjoying this, are you?" I looked at him.. Did he really just ask that? "Of course I'm enjoying-" I paused. He look at me and raised his eyebrow. "Ok, fine. No, I'm not." I sighed. He sighed also, "Why not..?" He asked sadly. "It's just, It doesn't seem right. Ya know me going on a date with you." I said

"Why doesn't it seem right?" He asked. "You know why..." I said trailing off. We stayed quiet, "Can we please talk about something else." I asked. He nodded. "I saw you on some Magazines.. What's that about?" He asked. "I moved to London.. And met an old friend." I said. "..and?" He said. "He's just famous." I shrugged. "It's Liam isn't it?" He asked. I nodded. "He's in One Direction, right?" He asked.

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'. "You're making this really difficult.. You know?" He laughed. "And how's that?" I said. "Your making it pretty hard to start fresh." He said. "Well maybe I don't want to start fresh." I said then drank my water. "Why wouldn't you want to start over? We had a horrible past?" He asked. "Because! I'm afraid it's going to happen again. That's how it is with my life!" I said raising my voice and stood up.

"Jackie, I didn't mean to make you upset.. Now please sit down. You're causing a scene." He said calmly. I sat back down in my seat with people eyeing me. "I'm sorry, I'm just-." I paused. "I can't do this right now. I'm sorry, a lot has happened today. I just need time to think. I'm sorry it's just-.. Sorry." I said getting up. I laid some money on the table and left Alec with a sad look on his face. I walked out of the restaurant hearing footsteps behind me.

I turned around to be face to face with Alec. "I wanted to make sure you didn't get hurt." I said with a slight smile. I smiled at him. "Maybe you have changed, Alec." I whispered. "I've been trying to tell you that." He said quietly, taking both my hands. "All those years I was a jerk. I regret my past so much. You don't know how sorry I am for doing that to you." He whispered. He looked down at the ground. "How come you did that to me?" I said. He led me to a bench.

"Jackie I've never told anyone.. You have to promise not to tell anyone. I'm only telling you because.. I want you to understand." He said. "I promise." I said. He still hasn't let go of my hands, his hands were big, like Harry's. he reminded me of him.. His green eyes sparkled just like Harry's. He had little dimples when he smiled too. "I don't know where to start." He said. I kept quit for him to think. "Let's start with my big happy family." He said.

~Alec~

I looked into her big blue eyes and began to speak. "My family was always happy. Always getting together, talking, having fun. Then my mother had a miscarriage. We were all heart broken, especially my father. This where it all when downhill." I paused and put my head down. "My dad, h-he was always so, so mad. He started drinking a lot. He also started hurt my mother. Physically. He started abusing her.. Thinking we didn't hear." I explained.

"I um, I did hear though. Every single night I heard my mom whimper and cry. I heard bottles crashing in their bedroom. I would have nightmares. Finally I thought that I had to put an end to this. I could fight my dad to save my mother." I stopped and choked back the tears. I couldn't cry in front of Jackie.. She would think I'm weak, a baby. "I went in their room one night.. While my dad was hurting her. He noticed me and came at me instead."

"He threw me against the wall and kicked me in the stomach. He punched and kicked me. I thought I was going to die, my mom was to weak to move. He bent down to my level and picked me up by my hair. He whispered in my ear.. I can still hear his voice." I stopped and wiped away my tears. Jackie lifted up my chin and wiped my tears. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I pulled her body closer to mine.