Chapter 28: Im a Big Girl..

"I guess so." She smiled. "So, what was the song about." Niall asked sitting back on the couch. Jackie's face went pale and serious. "Jackie? You alright?" I asked. "Yeah, it's uh, about the haters." She said slowly. We all nodded. "Jackie-" I started. "No, I swear." She said quickly. "Ok.." I said unsure. I studied her she was looking like she was scared to admit what it was really about.

~Jackie~

I wasn't lying. The song was about the haters, well half was. I pulled the covers up to my chin. Lying to the boys makes but sick, like upset. I hate myself for lying, but still of you think about it, wouldn't ,Harry be mad that I wrote a mean song about him? I think he would. I'm just afraid of what he'll say if I tell him. Will he yell or understand? I've been lying here for what seemed like hours, trying to decide on what to do.

I got out my songbook and started to add on to my private songs. A tear slide my cheek writing it. I shut the book slowly and laid on my side. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.

*Dream*

"All I want to know is why? Why would you hurt her that much." I heard Harry's voice but saw blackness. "Did I do something horrible? Is that why? I need an answer, right here, right now." He spoke clearly. There was silent. "We wanted to save you." A high girl voice yelled. "Save me from what?" He almost yelled. "Save you from her, we thought she was gonna hurt you." She cried out.

"Well she hurt a lot of people now, thanks to you people."

*End of Dream*

My eyes shot open, what the heck was that dream about. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock, 3:27 am. I laid on my back, looking up at the ceiling. Why was Harry talking about people hurting a girl? And why did that girl say that they were saving him. What the heck..? I'm beyond confused at this point. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes again, but they immediately shot back open. I can't go to sleep, not now anyway.

I climbed out of bed and put on my glasses. I opened my door slowly, but it still creaked. I tiptoed down the hall to Harry's room. I stopped in front of his door. I'm telling him what the song was about, and that's that. I slowly opened the bedroom door and stepped in. "Harry." I whispered quietly. He was already awake, he was looking at something on his phone. His head turned to look at me. I turned on the light.

"Why're you up?" He asked. "I was thinking. I need to tell you something Harry." I said. "Then tell me." He said sitting up. I started to play with my fingers. "You know how I was mad at you right?" I said leaning against the wall. "Yeah, why? Are you still mad?" He asked standing up. "No." I said. "Then what did you want to tell me?" He asked. "I-uh, I wanted to tell you something about my song." I said.

"What about it?" He asked. "I'm just going to say it, to get it over with. The song isn't really about your fans, I mean haters. Part of it is, but when I started writing the song Harry, it was about.. You." I said quickly. He looked at me hurt. "I'm sorry, I just- sorry." I ran back into my room and slid back under the covers. My door opened and the lights turned on. I sat up and saw Harry in the doorway. "Harry, I'm so-" He stopped me.

"Jackie, you don't have to be sorry." He said sitting on the bed. "What?" I said confused. "You don't have to be sorry about writing that song, Jackie. The song is amazing whether its about me or not. Plus, I deserve it. I treated you horribly." He said. "Really?" I said shocked at his answer. I thought he would me mad and yell. "Really." He smiled. He placed his hand on mine and stared into my eyes. I tried looking away but his green eyes drew me back.

He started to lean in, as much as I wanted to kiss him, I couldn't. I pulled away. "Harry-" I started to say. "No, it's my fault, sorry. I'm gonna head to bed night." He said and got up to leave. "Wait, Harry?" I said standing up. "Yeah..?" He said turning around. "We're still on for tomorrow right?" I said smiling a bit. He smiled big, "Of course. Good Night, Jackie." He said and closed the door behind him.

"Night." I whispered.

~Harry~

"Is that it?" I asked putting the last of Jackie's bags in the trunk of her car. "Yeah, I think so. Thanks for helping." She smiled. "No problem, uh, do you want me to come with you? To you know, help you settle in." I said awkwardly. "Yeah, if you want to." She said opening her car door. "Ok, I'll follow you there!" I said. I hopped into my car and followed closely behind Jackie. I still feel like an idiot for trying to kiss her last night.

She hasn't said anything, but still. She pulled away, and I looked like a freak! I couldn't help myself anyway. It was perfect, just me and her talking seriously. It was a perfect moment. I smiled to myself just thinking about it. I can't help myself from thinking why she pulled away? Before she would have let me kiss her. Before she would have gone along with it. But now, she gets so shy and quiet. Not loud and crazy like she used to be.

I changed her, I changed her by doing those rude things. She would've stayed and lived with us if I hadn't done those things to her. She would've still lived me. Now, for all I know she's afraid. Afraid of me..? Or afraid to fall in love with me..? Tonight, I will find out the answer. Tonight I will find out how she truly feels about me. If she's covering up her feelings, or she's moved on. We pulled up to a familiar apartment building.

No, not this place. I got out of my car quickly and rushed to Jackie's car. She opened up the trunk. "Jackie, you can't live here." I said making her jump. She turned around to face me. "..why?" She asked confused. "This is the place you lives before, right?" I a asked. "Yeah, so..?" She said. "Kevin might still live here, I'm not letting you go near my cousin ever again." I said closing the trunk. "We'll find another place for you to stay." I said.

"Harry, please. I'm a big girl you know." She paused opening the trunk back up. "I can take care of myself." She said taking out her bag. I looked at her carefully.

"Jackie, I don't want you to get hurt. Please can we look someplace else.." I said quietly.

She looked to the building then back to me.

"Fine, but I need a place by tonight." She smiled.

She placed her bag in the trunk again and got on her phone. "Better start looking." She said sitting on the car, I say next to her. "We'll find a perfect place for you." I smiled to her. We looked for a while until a man came out of the building. "You guys can't just sit out here.. Wait, Jackie? Is that you?" He said moving towards us. "Garret? Oh my gosh!" She said giving him a hug. "I thought you were back in Michigan! Why're you here?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was there but I came back. I'm looking for a place to live." She said. I cleared my throat and Jackie turned to me again. "Oh, Garret this is Harry, Harry - Garret." She said pointing. I shook Garret's hand. "There was somebody who was supposed to move in today, is that you?" He asked. "Yeah, but I'm thinking of living someplace else." She said looking over to me. "What, why?" He asked.

"Do you know if Kevin still lives here?" I asked. "Kevin? Yeah, he does. But he doesn't come out much now." He said pointing up to a window. "Haven't seen him in a while." He said looking back at us. "Why?" He asked. "I don't want Jackie living in the same place as him, after what he tried to do to her." I said putting my arm around Jackie. "Ooh, wait. Are you two like.. Dating?" He asked. Jackie moved away from me and my cheeks went pink.

"No, just friends." Jackie said smiling at me.

I grabbed her hand and looked at Garret.

"Best friends." I said smiling a fake smile.

I love being Jackie's best friend, but I want us to be more than that.

__________________________

Authors Note:

Hiii! Sorry it took so long to update, I had practice everyday plus two games. So, yeah. It's gonna take me a while to update now. But anyway, it's kind of moving along slow. But it's gonna speed up a bit later. Thank you for all the votes, reads, comments, & fans/followers.<< What are they called now? More is coming! Thank youuuu!!!

~Samm